Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monitor, wireless card and USB devices won't wake up from sleep mode
Original title:Monitor won't wake up from sleep mode

Ok, I always use sleep mode but for the past about month whenever I put my computer into sleep mode, it works. But if I try to wake it up, my mointor, wirless card, or any other thing that is connected by usb does not get power. (even the keyboard does not light up, and it is what I use to wake the computer) but the computer wakes up perfectly. I have all the drivers fixed, and all the settings made so the computer should wake everything up, and Like I said, this happened randomly. Its a pain waiting 10 minuets for it to turn on, especially when I just want to check facebook or something before I leave. My bios is updated, too.
Have you tryed google for solutions?
(08-01-2011, 11:48 PM)Jacko Wrote: Have you tryed google for solutions?

Yes, more than the top 5 pages haven't worked. I spent over 5 hours trying to fix this already..... and asked on several different sites, this is actually a c+p from Microsoft answers.
I am not sure, but this could be a problem with your OS. Which OS exactly are you using?
vista
(08-13-2011, 08:03 PM)Ruzlier Wrote: vista

Yup. That is the problem. Vista has soooo many hardware compatibility issues. Vista is a big headache in a box.
(08-13-2011, 10:05 PM)Annuit Coeptis Wrote: Yup. That is the problem. Vista has soooo many hardware compatibility issues. Vista is a big headache in a box.

Don't listen to this idiot.

Vista is poo, yes, but it doesn't mean thats your problem.

Sounds like a driver issue to me. If you remember a rough time it happened... try using sys restore to roll back to a bit before that time. Hopefully it will fix it!

If this doesn't work, back up your crap and use the factory restore in safe mode to roll back the entire machine.
Tell them if they don't wake up in the next ten minutes, I'm coming back with a cup of cold water.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Second Monitor is Detected but No signal PC to TV via HDMI villasbroker 2 1,045 05-24-2019, 03:22 AM
Last Post: AdilahBisar
  Dual monitor bigkieth 3 900 02-08-2013, 04:05 AM
Last Post: ShortsE
  Disc tray won't open EagerToLearn 3 801 09-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Last Post: EagerToLearn
  How to stop wireless mouse lag? Pizzaro 13 34,738 08-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Cubs
  It won't boot Annuit Coeptis 4 818 07-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Last Post: G3Hawkeye