Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internet Disconnects Every 10 mins
Hey there,

Well basically I have three computers running in my house, two are LAN cables and one is wireless.

Basically the LAN cable one downstairs has a LAN cable from the router to the computer. It works fine,

The one upstairs has a LAN cable from the router to a socket thing of the wall then another LAN cable from the socket upstairs into the other computer.

This was working fine and has been for years but all of a sudden the internet disconnects every 10 mins and only works if I restart the computer!!

I have changed my filters several times but no help.

Please Please I really need some assistanceBebe-pleure on this issue
It's the wiring in the wall mine did the same thing.Its normally a burnt wire or just sumthing small like that so it connects but if it moves or gets to hot it seperates from the cord till it cools.
So I need to replace wires in the wall?
But if it was a loose wire that doesn't explain every 10 mins exactly?
i had to call an electricion and thats what he told me but i didnt call him till mine stopped working all together do you have another spot like that in your house?
(10-14-2009, 12:55 PM)Sam Wrote: So I need to replace wires in the wall?
But if it was a loose wire that doesn't explain every 10 mins exactly?

10 minutes must be the time it takes for the wires to heat up. But, it should not connect even when you restart it. Have you tried running anti virus programs? also make sure your router is well ventilated.
To better troubleshoot:
pick one computer and remove other pcs connected to it. See if the problem still persists. Also make sure your router does not heat up too much.
How long is the Phone Line cable and the Lan cables that connect your computers? i had the same problem but my cable was damaged and i forgot to use filters. Try connecting each computer individually first to see if it still drops out. Try the cables/router from the working computer and see if it works on the others, maybe it's a hardware malfunction. Could be many things, i know this sounds dumb but make sure the Lan/phone lines are pushed in properly and making proper contact in all phone, computer, router, wall socket etc. Every phone in the house should have a filter, but one would imagine they do.

That was it, the phone in the front room didn't have a filter! Woop cheers Agent.
is your internet coonection connected to any thing else? because if it is it may possibly the cause?
CHINAMAN
Quote:i like to make myself belie
[Image: 2n7ehx4.jpg]
[Image: save_banner.asp?file=HWHERMJMMH.jpg]
(10-15-2009, 02:24 PM)chinaman7x7 Wrote: is your internet coonection connected to any thing else? because if it is it may possibly the cause?

spelling fail.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Internet Capped (disconnects) Marda 4 1,203 09-17-2010, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Solitary