Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make custom FL Studio templates! [Tutorial]
Introduction:

Hello! Im Brennan. For my first post on Support Forums, I think I will teach you how to make templates on FL Studio. I found this way out myself, so all credit for this goes to me!

What is a template?

A template is a preset configuration that is loaded every time FL Studio is loaded. If you are like me, and spend about 10 mintutes making the Playlist look how you want it to be, and making the Mixer routed and colored how you want it to be, then this will be useful for you. Since Image-Line stopped including quite a few templates after FL8, I will upload my Template folder for you all here.

What do I need?

64x64 Icon (preferably a PNG)
Notepad++
FL Studio (You need to be able to save/load project files, though, so BUY IT)

The Actual Tutorial

This is actually very simple. The first thing you do is start FL Studio and configure it how you want it. As you can see from the image below, I catagorised the Playlist, and added 2 catagorized busses, a few master FX Busses, and a Mixdown Buss.

When you are done making yours, save your project as a .FLP to your desktop. Now, we are going to do a little browsing. Go to Program Files--> Image Line --> FL Studio (your version here) --> Data --> Projects --> Templates. Now, go in any of the folders and look at the contents. You will see a FLP, a NFO and an Icon. First, make a folder in the template folder and name it to whatever you want to name your template. Then, copy the NFO to your new folder. Rename it to whatever your template is called. Do the same with the project file you saved. Now, take your PNG that I mentioned earlier and put it in the folder under the name Icon. Now, last step is to go into the NFO and edit the Description field. Make it say anything you want, then save it.

Now you are done. Load FL Studio and File --> Templates and load your template. find yours, and every time you load FL Studio, it will load that template. Enjoy!

Great tutorial. I knew about this for awhile. Will help people who start projects the same way but hate having to make the project from the basic template.
Great tutorial. If I knew what any of this stuff meant. lol
Something it is a interesting sharing.........
cool thanks for the download links and its a nice tut but i find the pics too big i think u could have cropped it a little bit more
I've been using FL Studio for years and I don't know how you got your track height that small. 33% on my FL 10 doesn't get it as small as you have it in that template.

Edit: ahh I got it, you locked it on minimum size, then expanded the view.
Hmm, i'll check this out in a bit.
nice share though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ~Passion~ First Song in FL Studio Jupiiter™ 5 962 04-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Evaluation
  -- Ace's FL Studio Tips [Updated Frequently] -- AceInfinity 23 4,983 07-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  [Link]|AMAZING|▓█▓█▓█FREE AfterEffects/PS/C4D/Web Templates▓█▓█▓█ Great for Youtube! +mK 2 1,050 07-16-2011, 10:40 PM
Last Post: +mK