Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am obsessing over a prof at college!!!!!!
(07-31-2011, 01:24 AM)Guest Wrote: I see what you mean. Do you think a written apology would do? like if I write out a letter and slip it under his bag when he's out of office for a brief second? Just thinking.

If you do a written apology I personally don't think it would mean as much as if you could confront him. You'd also be giving up a good opportunity to actually talk to him. Then when would you talk to him?

Also, if a written apology is a way of avoiding your fear, then I say don't do it. I can only imagine that it is, and I know it's hard for you to do, but the reality isn't as bad as the one you've created in your mind.
I know, but I'm still not certain as to WHAT I'd tell him. Like, increasing confidence is swell, I could do that, but when it actually comes to talking to him, what can I word? For example, if he asks, "what's the matter with you, really? What did I do now"? What exact excuse can I give? I've to sound confident and calm....so have to have a solid one, or else I'd further derail my position. If I stand there looking like a dummy with my eyes averting.
(07-31-2011, 01:40 AM)Guest Wrote: I know, but I'm still not certain as to WHAT I'd tell him. Like, increasing confidence is swell, I could do that, but when it actually comes to talking to him, what can I word? For example, if he asks, "what's the matter with you, really? What did I do now"? What exact excuse can I give? I've to sound confident and calm....so have to have a solid one, or else I'd further derail my position. If I stand there looking like a dummy with my eyes averting.

I'd say if he said that to you then you just need to get him to see things from your point of view. Explain to him that sure, you may have made 1 mistake, but 1 is just a number, it doesn't matter how many times you do something really. If you don't mean it, then usually people can understand. Usually it's not a ridiculous amount of mistakes that a person makes either. After 1 mistake they think everythings done for them.

If he asks "What did I do now" to get you to explain yourself, just tell him that it is nothing personal, and that you didn't mean for it to hurt him in any way, or for it to be anything against him for whatever he could have done, and that it was more just following the crowd, but that you've matured more than that. Paint the picture for him that young adults don't always make the best choices, and some of those choices they may regret.

Do you have an MSN or something I can help you on? If not, I have my own chat you can go to (where you can talk privately person to person), or the chat I created for this forum, it would be a little faster I think.

I can't PM you since you're not a member but here's my msn:
Edit: can'tseemyemailnow@haha.com

I'll edit this post as soon as you reply to remove my email so that everyone doesn't have it here. Otherwise i'll be in my chat at http://www.techlifeforum.net/livechat/chat.html
Thanks ace, I'll note it down. Edit the post now. Smile
Ive yahoo...I'll email you from that account since I cannot post it here, as I'm unregistered. Thanks, AGAIN. You helped a lot.
(07-31-2011, 02:06 AM)Guest Wrote: Ive yahoo...I'll email you from that account since I cannot post it here, as I'm unregistered. Thanks, AGAIN. You helped a lot.

No problem, there's also the live chat I set up if the msn didn't work for you. And one at sfchat.net
Mailed ya Smile
Getting involved with a teacher can never be a good idea.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am upset regarding my college situation ilovequeenhelena 0 654 04-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Last Post: ilovequeenhelena