Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reasons to delete Facebook
What do you think, what are the main reasons to delete your profile? Do you have/had a FB profile? I plan to delete it cause I don't feel comfortable that 250+ people that I barely speak to see all my photos/updates. I'm thinking of switching to good old MSN messaging Smile. Haven't used it since I made a FB profile.

This is one reason that I found on one site, and I had that feeling. Although it's a fake feeling, it's still bad.

[qoute]4. Facebook Inadequacy
When it seems like all your Facebook friends are having more fun and leading more exciting lives than you, it may be time to unplug from the social network for a while. Best to take a break before Facebook-induced feelings of social inadequacy spiral out of control.[/qoute]

So, what do you think? Is it a good idea?
I'd say a good reason to close a Facebook account is because of spam mail.

If you do go to MSN Messenger, be sure to add me Big Grin xboxsecurity@hotmail.com
(07-29-2011, 09:04 PM)Believable Wrote: I'd say a good reason to close a Facebook account is because of spam mail.

If you do go to MSN Messenger, be sure to add me Big Grin xboxsecurity@hotmail.com

Spam is terrible lol, I had 3000+ e-mails in 5 months lol, registering somewhere and then finding a comfirmation link was terrible xD. I'll add you
(07-29-2011, 09:08 PM)Outcast Wrote: Spam is terrible lol, I had 3000+ e-mails in 5 months lol

In 5months? I get this in 1 month, I get 100s of emails a week, I hate it so much, it makes me feel like closing the email and starting fresh. lol.
I love my friends so i'm never going to delete mine Big Grin
(07-29-2011, 09:09 PM)Believable Wrote: In 5months? I get this in 1 month, I get 100s of emails a week, I hate it so much, it makes me feel like closing the email and starting fresh. lol.

lol, guess I'm not that popular on the facebook then xD
I think the whole social networking world is a scam. Sure it's fast, and provides a good way to keep in touch with others. But the main reason they are created now is because of how much of a trend it has become and for how much money these online webmasters are making off of each networking site.

Facebook, Twitter, Nexopia, Google Plus, Myspace, etc...

Right now. Facebook has a rough estimate of around 4,240,000,000 results indexed by google. Twitter has About 1,210,000,000 results.
Yeah the daily spam mails are annoying. I blocked nearly all of them excluding the group messages. Everytime somebody posts into a group i get his annoying mails, but i cant deactivate it. Also these asks for a game or whatever. But i need my FB account so i cant delete it..
[Image: haloabtractc4d.png]
There are also reasons to not use facebook altogether lol.
Ive seen posts on a few hacking forums where people have managed to find out alot of information and then social engineered 'targets'. If you have to have a profile, try and add only those who you know and make your profile private ;)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One of the reasons I believe there is a God Annuit Coeptis 33 6,053 09-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Blazin
  Dead Please Delete Resistance 1 481 07-08-2011, 04:37 AM
Last Post: Mayhem
  Delete Threads? bloodrain2011 4 700 01-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Peter L
  Can you delete your threads? Gregarious 2 537 01-07-2011, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Zyptic Jr
  8 Reasons You Need to Stop Ignoring Twitter zone 1 577 11-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Last Post: Jake