Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Upgraded to 1.6.4
(08-07-2011, 04:21 PM)Rapture Wrote: This is good, because I believe there was a 0day exploit floating around for the previous version of mybb.

The 0 day exploit doesn't exist as far as I know
(08-07-2011, 04:24 PM)Ace Wrote: The 0 day exploit doesn't exist as far as I know
Omniscient's other websites where hacked by that exploit as far as I know. It was something XSS related (I came to know the vulnerability from somewhere after the websites where hacked somehow).
(08-07-2011, 04:28 PM)Rapture Wrote: Omniscient's other websites where hacked by that exploit as far as I know. It was something XSS related (I came to know the vulnerability from somewhere after the websites where hacked somehow).

No, because HF would have been taken down if that were the case. It was the main target. There is no 0 day exploit
Well Omni's most popular site did get hacked, the whole database got dumped, and I have it. (No idea why)
Everything is working fine for me so far.
(08-07-2011, 05:15 PM)BreShiE Wrote: Well Omni's most popular site did get hacked, the whole database got dumped, and I have it. (No idea why)

Most popular would be HF, but it didn't get defaced like the rest.
(08-07-2011, 05:20 PM)Ace Wrote: Most popular would be HF, but it didn't get defaced like the rest.

I thought you wasn't allowed to mention its name on here? But yeah I meant that forum.
(08-07-2011, 05:33 PM)BreShiE Wrote: I thought you wasn't allowed to mention its name on here? But yeah I meant that forum.

The rules say "links" i've read them over and over again to relay them to all of the 10 year old kids that come from HF whenever it's down to ask about that forum here.

I even remember the rule # being 7.

Edit:
Quote:7. No illegal posts involving fraud, hacking tutorials or other harmful illegal activity. This includes linking to sites with such content.

That does say "linking"
Good point, I did read the rules and saw that, but I got told when I was new to the forum that discussion about it was forbidden.
(08-07-2011, 05:59 PM)BreShiE Wrote: Good point, I did read the rules and saw that, but I got told when I was new to the forum that discussion about it was forbidden.

That's because people come here anyway, and ask "Why is HF down" "I can't access HF" all the time. Even without a link it shouldn't be discussed, but for some reason people here have HF signatures and avatars with the HF logo's in them? lol It doesn't make any sense to me, but i'll reply whenever it's brought up and caution people about it.

Even in peoples intro's they feel the need to post there uid link to their HF account in the first post they make here lol. Pretty sad. I honestly don't see how anyone cares about that for an intro, no one cares who you are on HF. SF alone is where you have to build your reputation for THIS forum.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just upgraded Sam 3 1,199 10-26-2015, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Peter L
  MyBB Upgraded Omniscient 3 1,051 08-29-2012, 04:37 AM
Last Post: Paramore
  Upgraded to MyBB 1.6.6 Omniscient 19 2,884 03-07-2012, 04:23 AM
Last Post: Prince
  Upgraded MyBB to 1.6.5 Omniscient 33 4,913 12-14-2011, 04:04 PM
Last Post: Speedy