Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
Forum Source | The ultimate forum owner and addict community
(09-20-2011, 04:45 AM)Amazing Wrote: The quality of the content is fine, aside from a few current events being posted, the majority of the content is tutorials that people can use. 2,000 posts is our current post goal and it's something that I keep updated on my advertisement threads. It's not like I'm going to bump the thread and be like, "Gee guys, the quality of our content just went up by a little bit!" How do you even measure the quality of your content? You really can't, that's up to your visitors.

http://forumsource.org/

But it's undoubtable that you're visitors are also the people that are potentially going to be members on your forum. You are a visitor on your own forum are you not? Therefore, your own outlook on forum content is probably going to be similar to what your visitors see in your website, and it can be measured.

I think it's safe to say that there's measurement that can be done between posts like:
Quote:hi how r u

and

Quote:Hi, how are you? I hope you'll enjoy this forum, please take the time to read the rules.

Then you can look at the ratio between those 2 types of posts.
(09-20-2011, 04:52 AM)Ace Wrote: But it's undoubtable that you're visitors are also the people that are potentially going to be members on your forum. You are a visitor on your own forum are you not? Therefore, your own outlook on forum content is probably going to be similar to what your visitors see in your website, and it can be measured.

I think it's safe to say that there's measurement that can be done between posts like:
Quote:hi how r u
and

Quote:Hi, how are you? I hope you'll enjoy this forum, please take the time to read the rules.

Then you can look at the ratio between those 2 types of posts.

I'm not a visitor, I'm the administrator, I'm already a member of the community. What I think is high quality can be completely different than what someone else thinks is high quality. I'd be perfectly fine with someone replying, "hi how r u" to say an introduction thread. Okay, they don't have the best grammar but they're posting and they're interacting with other users in a kind manner. Obviously you think that's low quality. See how people have different outlooks on things? Smile

You can't measure something like the quality of a thread because everyone has different perspectives.

(09-20-2011, 02:49 PM)Amazing Wrote: I'm not a visitor, I'm the administrator, I'm already a member of the community. What I think is high quality can be completely different than what someone else thinks is high quality. I'd be perfectly fine with someone replying, "hi how r u" to say an introduction thread. Okay, they don't have the best grammar but they're posting and they're interacting with other users in a kind manner. Obviously you think that's low quality. See how people have different outlooks on things? Smile

You can't measure something like the quality of a thread because everyone has different perspectives.

As admin, you still visit your forum though am I not correct? Therefore that technically still makes you a visitor. Administrator or not, google still counts you as traffic toward the site.

Quote:What I think is high quality can be completely different than what someone else thinks is high quality

True, but my point here was that, i'm sure there's at least one or more people that will think within the same range as you for what HQ is and what it isn't.

Quote: I'd be perfectly fine with someone replying, "hi how r u" to say an introduction thread

That was only my example to the lengthliness of the post, and the usefulness. If someone posted that on a thread (with similar length and quality) for something like a tutorial, and they had said "great tut..." could you not say that it would be an average measurement for most people as a low quality post?

Quote:Obviously you think that's low quality

Now you're just making assumptions based on what you interpret for what I meant. I was talking about the quality of the post, not the person behind the post in any way for personality or character.

I'll make a new example since you don't seem to understand what i'm getting at.

Here's an example straight from SF: http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....#pid223776

I don't think this needs much explanation, "show" instead of "slow" and it's less than a proper sentence length too. Now i'm assuming your going to try and tell me, "at least he kind of explained what ISP he was using" so here's another for you: http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....#pid218827

*Look at the OP and his post and tell me how that's helpful or a quality post on his part

Quote:You can't measure something like the quality of a thread because everyone has different perspectives

People are people, and it doesn't mean everyone's perspectives will be different, which you are trying to assume here. Either way I was just trying to make sure that you were aware about Quality vs. Quantity, I never pointed out your forum for low quality posts. People at your site don't seem to have a reason to post low quality, you just assumed that I was directing that comment to the post quality on your forum. I mentioned it because you seemed too worried about reaching that 2000 post goal here.

Edit: Where's the rules on your forum?
Quote:As admin, you still visit your forum though am I not correct? Therefore that technically still makes you a visitor. Administrator or not, google still counts you as traffic toward the site.

Now you're getting technical and we both know what I meant. Omg

Quote:True, but my point here was that, i'm sure there's at least one or more people that will think within the same range as you for what HQ is and what it isn't.

True, but it goes both ways. Five people might agree with your opinion on whether a post is high quality or not, but five people might agree with me.

Quote:That was only my example to the lengthliness of the post, and the usefulness. If someone posted that on a thread (with similar length and quality) for something like a tutorial, and they had said "great tut..." could you not say that it would be an average measurement for most people as a low quality post?

I wouldn't classify that as low quality either, they're simply telling the OP that they posted a great tutorial, I don't see any reason they should have to elaborate... Ideally they should post why they liked it, how it helped them and possibly what they could do to improve the tutorial but who cares? They either thanked the OP, that makes me happy, that a member was appreciative of another for their contribution. And if you think that's low quality, that's why you have the post count limits, set it to something large and wallah, people have to post more... Now they post something like, "great tut!@#!@$!@$!@$!@# randomletterspost2short" as they do on HF then yes, that's low quality in my mind. Again, different perspectives.

Quote:Now you're just making assumptions based on what you interpret for what I meant. I was talking about the quality of the post, not the person behind the post in any way for personality or character.

I'll make a new example since you don't seem to understand what i'm getting at.

Here's an example straight from SF: http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....#pid223776

I don't think this needs much explanation, "show" instead of "slow" and it's less than a proper sentence length too. Now i'm assuming your going to try and tell me, "at least he kind of explained what ISP he was using" so here's another for you: http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....#pid218827

*Look at the OP and his post and tell me how that's helpful or a quality post on his part

You posted what you thought was a low quality post and what was a high quality post...

I'm not quite sure where you got the idea that I was talking about the person "behind the post" or whatever.

Quote:People are people, and it doesn't mean everyone's perspectives will be different, which you are trying to assume here. Either way I was just trying to make sure that you were aware about Quality vs. Quantity, I never pointed out your forum for low quality posts. People at your site don't seem to have a reason to post low quality, you just assumed that I was directing that comment to the post quality on your forum. I mentioned it because you seemed too worried about reaching that 2000 post goal here.

Everyone has a different perspective, even if you don't notice it. Smile

http://forumsource.org/misc.php?action=help&hid=8

Edit: Anyways, I'd rather not waste my time arguing. Bottom line, people have different perspectives, obviously, or this argument / debate / calm discussion would have never even started. ;)

If you'd like to say you have "won", feel free.
Quote:True, but it goes both ways. Five people might agree with your opinion on whether a post is high quality or not, but five people might agree with me.

My entire point was to show you the definition of the majority. It's not always going to be half and half.

Quote:You posted what you thought was a low quality post and what was a high quality post...

I'm not quite sure where you got the idea that I was talking about the person "behind the post" or whatever.

Here's where i'm getting that: "Okay, they don't have the best grammar but they're posting and they're interacting with other users in a kind manner. Obviously you think that's low quality."

You go on to say about how their personality shows a kind attitude through their post, then point out your observation that I think it's low quality for your reason.

I'm not here to show that i've won, read my words in green, i've highlighted my motive for pointing this out to you. It had nothing to do with your forum, based on your personality and your way of assuming things all the time without looking at the facts though, you only forced me to "try" and provide proof for you. Even though it wasn't needed in my opinion. I tried to make it as clear as I could that post count on your forum means nothing. You could have 1000 posts with the word "hi" or 1000 posts with intriguing (unique) information that go into detail about personal opinions, facts, and other helpful pieces of information, which is what I was trying to mention to you, not preach to you.

My BIGGEST point here was that, even though people have different perspective on things, there's also usually a majority perspective that you need to pay attention to. For some reason you're not following what i'm trying to say about that though, you don't have to be right or wrong. I don't either. Just listen to what i'm trying to tell you.

- People have different opinions (True)
Note: But then how do you explain who wins a presidential election? (Disregarding all of the financial campaigns that go on) If we were to have fair elections, there would be a majority, and a minority.
(09-20-2011, 06:14 PM)Ace Wrote: My entire point was to show you the definition of the majority. It's not always going to be half and half.

Quote:You posted what you thought was a low quality post and what was a high quality post...

Here's where i'm getting that: "Okay, they don't have the best grammar but they're posting and they're interacting with other users in a kind manner. Obviously you think that's low quality."

You go on to say about how their personality shows a kind attitude through their post, then point out your observation that I think it's low quality for your reason.

I'm not here to show that i've won, read my words in green, i've highlighted my motive for pointing this out to you. It had nothing to do with your forum, based on your personality and your way of assuming things all the time without looking at the facts though, you only forced me to "try" and provide proof for you. Even though it wasn't needed in my opinion. I tried to make it as clear as I could that post count on your forum means nothing. You could have 1000 posts with the word "hi" or 1000 posts with intriguing (unique) information that go into detail about personal opinions, facts, and other helpful pieces of information, which is what I was trying to mention to you, not preach to you.

My BIGGEST point here was that, even though people have different perspective on things, there's also usually a majority perspective that you need to pay attention to. For some reason you're not following what i'm trying to say about that though, you don't have to be right or wrong. I don't either. Just listen to what i'm trying to tell you.

- People have different opinions (True)
Note: But then how do you explain who wins a presidential election? (Disregarding all of the financial campaigns that go on) If we were to have fair elections, there would be a majority, and a minority.

Oh my goodness... Omg

Of course there's going to be a majority... You're taking things too literally. All I was saying is that while a good amount of people might think a post is low quality, a good amount of people might think it's regular or high quality, they don't have to be equal in number. Perhaps you're saying that majority always wins? Most of the time, yes, but not always. On my forum, no, ultimately it's up to me and even though I'm fair, I'm not going to be removing posts that say, "great tutorial" because people tell me it's low quality because in my mind, it isn't.
(09-20-2011, 06:39 PM)Amazing Wrote: Oh my goodness... Omg

Of course there's going to be a majority... You're taking things too literally. All I was saying is that while a good amount of people might think a post is low quality, a good amount of people might think it's regular or high quality, they don't have to be equal in number. Perhaps you're saying that majority always wins? Most of the time, yes, but not always. On my forum, no, ultimately it's up to me and even though I'm fair, I'm not going to be removing posts that say, "great tutorial" because people tell me it's low quality because in my mind, it isn't.

Finally you're getting my point, but i'm saying allowing people to form bad habits on your forum like that will only encourage newer members to post like that if you ever do see that decrease in quality, and it will hurt your forum SEO. Just don't take your next post here as the opportunity to now assume that i'm saying you're not upkeeping your forum quality. I only pointed out the fact that you seemed pretty intuitive with your forum stats and post count.
Looks like a nice forum.. The colors and everything match up..
i like the layout Smile
Wish you luck with your forum Big Grin
[Image: IYOy9.png]
(09-21-2011, 05:27 AM)♛TechFreak♛™ Wrote: Looks like a nice forum.. The colors and everything match up..
i like the layout Smile
Wish you luck with your forum Big Grin

Thanks TechFreak, I appreciate the positive comment. Smile

Nice forum, the theme is really nice. I really cant find anything wrong.
Good luck in the future

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HackFive | The Ultimate Hacking & Pentesting Forum OpenSSL 1 881 04-01-2020, 03:38 AM
Last Post: latest-release
  [10,000+ Posts] Icy Community Forums: Active Forum | Custom Features | Awards Holmes 1 1,138 06-12-2015, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Holmes
  ZERO FORUM | hacking, leaks,etc.. new forum abiral 0 714 12-31-2014, 10:33 AM
Last Post: abiral
  D4tabase | Hacking and Cracking Forum OpenSSL 0 561 06-20-2014, 04:51 PM
Last Post: OpenSSL
  GameOrGame | The Ultimate Gaming Forum OpenSSL 0 537 06-17-2014, 01:18 PM
Last Post: OpenSSL