Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Why You Shouldn’t Choose Hosts like Webs.com or Forumotion.com
Originally written for my blog @ www.GenWebs.net -- I'd appreciate it if you took a look Smile

You know those self-proclaimed “webhosts” who don’t give you FTP access, don’t give you access to your database, and comes with a script (wordpress, drupal, mybb, phpbb3) pre-installed? Yeah, ‘those’ webhosts. Let me tell you in a very brief posts why they are known as dead-end hosts.

First off, it is hard to get anywhere on a sub-domain and host like this. Usually they supply you with themes and you can never get away from their “feel” and they will always have their copyright everywhere. People will always know you went the cheap way. And if you buy a domain (mind you they cost $19.99 if you buy from them) it still doesn’t change much.

But, let’s say you do manage to somehow be successful on a host like…but you’re so successful that you now need FTP Access…too bad for you because you can’t get it. And if you would like to switch hosts, well you’ll have to start over because they don’t allow you to have your own database backups.

Sure, it is easy to setup but it is just stress waiting to happen. Go with a real host, like MDDHosting.

-Gen Webs - Webmaster Blog
This is true. Its okay for basic, and I mean BASIC, hosting. However these companies offer no statistical benefits to anyones hosting needs, only their own.
[Image: ikRHOXJqr4pLP.png]
Correct Teruko, but that is all you need at first. Then you can move onto a dedi as you grow.
Never ever use these sites.
Waste of time.

Nice post
Yup LiquidX..you never get anything out of it.
Defiantly true.. I know from experience.
i agree with him>!!!

really freehosting are crap... no data backup you can get easily... no FTP.. its totally a lol stuff !!!

Good Work by awareness.. Smile
webs.com has very little bandwith and disc space
Superman
Glad I moved away from webs, really crap.
I have a forumotion site, but yeah it is very very basic and you cannot really do much.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Magento commerce hosts. what are they? Adnorips 4 405 04-10-2023, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Schamp
  Any trustworthy VPS web hosts? Mirandas 0 342 11-22-2022, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Mirandas
  Any great VPS hosts? Kdstack 5 342 11-21-2022, 12:54 AM
Last Post: Mirandas
  Magento commerce hosts. what are they? Mirandas 3 331 05-30-2022, 03:41 AM
Last Post: Adnorips
  Honest web hosts avilable in the market? Mirandas 4 247 11-10-2021, 03:34 AM
Last Post: Adnorips