Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Launcher is in the building!
[Image: hern_pp_header.png]

Hey all, I am Launcher AKA Hern from HackForums and love being able to go to different forums at once because lets face it all information is never on one forum and they are all spread out on several different forums.
You could say I am an Xbox fanboy and Halo is my thing.

So where do I start. I have been playing Halo from as long as I can remember. Back in the day I remember going to this kids house and he introduced me to Halo CE for the Xbox. The second I touched the game I loved everything about it. I was pretty young back then and at that time I just loved playing bumper carts with the warthogs. I then bought my own original Xbox just for the game Halo. Ditched all of my Nintendo crap and became a Xbox Fanboy to say the least.

First Xbox Live Years

Xbox Live then went up and I purchased a 1 year bundle that came with 2 little arcade games. To this day I can't remember the name but it was similar to Small Arms for the Xbox 360 where you pick an animal and just beat the crap out of each other. I then moved onto Midtown Madness 3. The only other game genre I love besides first person shooters would have to be racing games and its all because of this game. I would spend countless hours playing "Tag" in this game where you just race around the city and once you hit the other car then they become it. A classic indeed and to this day I wish they would have made it a X360 port so I could play it again but I guess that day is long gone.

Halo 2

Halo 2 was released next and this is where I really got addicted to XBL. The ranking system is what really got me addicted fast. When the game first came out the ranking system was a lot harder to rank up before the big update. To be past a level 19 or so meant you were pretty much a GOD! In the time of me playing I never did see a level higher than 22. This was back when CLANS were in the game and if your clan was a certain level then YOU became that level. I remember begging to join a clan called "Lions Den" that was a level 17. I got into it and was really excited. My memory is a bit fuzzy after that because I do not remember much more after that other than the fact that they took clan matches out of Matchmaking and I became furious. To this day I wished the Clan battles would come back into MM.
Then the update came out and it became possible to get to about a 40 without modding! The highest I ever reached was a 37 and became a pretty serious gamer.
Shortly after that the mods just took over the game and I slowly just went into custom games and played things like "Tremors" or "Zombies"

Xbox 360

Xbox 360 was released shortly after this and I was one of the first people on my friends list to actually get one. I remember standing in line while it was snowing. We each exchanged gamertags in the cold long line and eventually decided to just pull our cars into our actually spots in line and just sit in our cars instead. I bought Perfect Dark Zero at that time because it was the "Big hit" While others were still sitting on H2 with their old boxes I was pretty happy to be playing on the new box. However with the much improved graphics I still did not like Perfect Dark Zero, PGR, or Call of Duty 2 all that much. So I went back to Halo 2 and my radio station was actually doing a contest that if you played with them during 3 weeks on each Monday then you would be entered into a drawing to win a copy of H3 when it came out or ONE GRAND PRIZE winner of a xbox 360. I played each week and it was actually quite fun. I rememember listening to the radio 8 in the morning one day and they called out my gamertag. I couldn't believe it. I never won something this big in my life and on top of that it was on the radio. I went to pick up my xbox 360 and weeks later they emailed me back asking me why I did not pick up my copy of H3 as well. To this day I never got it because it was 45 min drive in downtown traffic and for what...I already had a copy! P.S. someone else can go pick it up for me 3 years later.

Halo 3

Halo 3 finally was released. I waited months for this time and by the time the game was out pretty much everyone had a X360 since it wasn't sold out everywhere by this time. The game was everything I ever imagined. It has great MM features and forge was just great. The graphics improved and all my friends at school played as well. I would say I was decent at the game and remember finally hitting that level 50 in Team Slayer on my first account. I just screamed at the top of my lungs when I got it because it was back when they were...actually really rare. Now there are boosters and derankers and pretty much everyone can get a 50 now.
I skipped from different communities but the only one that really sticks out is one called H20. It is the brother clan of PMS. They banished me from the site because I did boost in grifball years ago. At that time there was not even a rule for that so I did not know. They just did it so fast and I had no say in the decision. So I tried starting over my account but by the time I did that the H20 clan just fell apart and I have no idea how its doing these days. I then got into MLG a bit more and even had a few friends around where I live make a team for gamebattles. Team names I was on ranged from Seraphim Gaming to JalapeƱo JackRabbits. I still have team shirts that say "Xtreme" on the back but we never really got anywhere and never even went to a MLG event. Just local events and pretty much failed with all the tryhards out their. I did meet Walshey and his team at that time because in case you didn't know I live 15 minutes away from him and even have some clothing that he makes. It is called Kiaeneto and I just drive to his shop and even got discounts sometimes. Times were fun but MLG just became a bit to stressful for me and became more work than fun. This is where I just figured I would play the game how it is suppose to be and play for fun.

That is most of my bio over at HaloCharts another website I am involved in because of their forums their as well. I am on the Prophet League team there and if any of you play Halo Reach and have a team then we would love for you to shoot us a challenge we are always up for it.

At this time I wouldn't want to just hand my gamertag out to everyone but if you really wanted to know it I am sure it wouldn't be to hard to figure out by now...but if you REALLY want to know it and wanna play Halo with me just hit me up with a PM on here or Hackforums and I will gladly love to talk to you and kick some noobs with you on my team. =]
[Image: odILW.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Building An Email List To Succeed At Affiliate Marketing As An Online Business rabeya152 1 656 06-19-2019, 03:23 AM
Last Post: Roank25
  Jesus is in the building iJesus 10 1,558 10-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Last Post: S0rath 0f the Black Sun
  King is in the building Itachi Uchiha 3 559 10-08-2009, 05:15 AM
Last Post: Itachi Uchiha