Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anything I'm missing?
While I do tend to agree with most of the stuff that's been said above me, I do want to point out to everyone... being homeless, and being a bum, aren't the same thing. I've met people that are well groomed, have a job, and in some cases even have a family... all while being homeless.

That being said, I think it would be unwise for you to leave home, Reykjavik... especially at your age (I'm going to assume you're pretty young).
Take it from somebody who actually has left home, with the same intentions you have now. Here's what'll end up happening... for the first few days, you'll be fine. After that, as your resources start running out, things will get pretty hard. Maybe you'll be lucky enough to have a friend or two that will let you stay with them, but that will only last for so long. Eventually, you'll no longer have the resources needed to stay alive, and will be faced with two options. Option number 1, is get a job... good luck with that at your age (again, I'm assuming you're pretty young... under 16 at least). So since that probably won't work out, you'll have to go with option number 2, go back to your family. Think about the most award moment in your entire life, multiply it by hundred, add in some guilt, fear, and shame, and that should give you a pretty good idea of how you will feel when you show back up at home.

To make a long story short, don't do it.

Messages In This Thread
Anything I'm missing? - by Reykjavik - 07-18-2011, 09:30 PM
RE: Anything I'm missing? - by Decept ♥ - 07-18-2011, 11:43 PM
RE: Anything I'm missing? - by Camden - 07-19-2011, 03:18 AM
RE: Anything I'm missing? - by Blic - 07-19-2011, 03:23 AM
RE: Anything I'm missing? - by SeaBanana - 07-19-2011, 11:59 AM
RE: Anything I'm missing? - by Peter L - 07-19-2011, 02:32 PM
RE: Anything I'm missing? - by Terridax - 07-19-2011, 02:58 PM
RE: Anything I'm missing? - by Reykjavik - 07-19-2011, 04:13 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So...why does no one here use Reddit? You're missing out! Peter L 2 452 03-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Last Post: GrammarPhreak