Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anything I'm missing?
I heard that if I run away I'm going to miss some "great opportunities". Well let me state things from my opinion. All the "great opportunities" I have if I stay are:
-Staying in school?
-Going to an un-needed 4 years of college?
-Paying a thousand dollar monthly rent for a small apartment?
-Not many good jobs out there.
-Possibly girlfriend.

NOW, I will say REAL good opportunities I will be looking at if I take off:
-Freedom I always wanted
-No restrictions
-Exploring the world and LIVING life
-Greater chance of girlfriend. (16 times greater of a chance, if you travel then stay home)
-Grow outdoor experience
-Overcome the fears in life

So... any disagreements? Feel free to correct me.

Oh, and yes, running off does has it's downsides. Such as:
-My family being despaired of me leaving
-Hostile people, animals, and insects
-Search parties
-Dumpster diving
-I cannot turn back no matter how much I want to
-I will sooner or later crash into depression as I miss everyone, but know I can't go back
-Cold or rainy nights
-Shelter
Let me stop you right there.

(07-18-2011, 09:30 PM)Reykjavik Wrote: NOW, I will say REAL good opportunities I will be looking at if I take off:
-Freedom I always wanted
-No restrictions
-Greater chance of girlfriend. (16 times greater of a chance, if you travel then stay home)
-Grow outdoor experience

I'm going to assume you will be homeless so my following answers will rely on that.

- Freedom? There are many restrictions homeless people have to abide by. Ever wonder why you don't see homeless people in public places such as the library? It's because they usually get kicked out for being dirty and smelling bad.
- No restrictions... ^
-Exploring the world and LIVING life - I wouldn't exactly call sleeping in disgusting places and eating out of dumpsters "living".
-Greater chance of girlfriend. - No girl wants a smelly homeless boy to be their boyfriend.
-Grow outdoor experience - You can get the same experiences by joining the boy scouts.
-Overcome the fears in life - There's no reason why you can't face your fears while still living at home.

I would suggest that you don't run away. Study hard and do well in school because once you get out that's the only thing that will separate you from the bums.
[Image: 1blQe]
What about a source of income? No one will want to hire a smelly homeless person who wears the same clothes everyday. Don't do it, you know that you'll never amount to anything and you'll end up regretting it.
(07-18-2011, 11:43 PM)Decept ♥ Wrote: Let me stop you right there.

I'm going to assume you will be homeless so my following answers will rely on that.

- Freedom? There are many restrictions homeless people have to abide by. Ever wonder why you don't see homeless people in public places such as the library? It's because they usually get kicked out for being dirty and smelling bad.
- No restrictions... ^
-Exploring the world and LIVING life - I wouldn't exactly call sleeping in disgusting places and eating out of dumpsters "living".
-Greater chance of girlfriend. - No girl wants a smelly homeless boy to be their boyfriend.
-Grow outdoor experience - You can get the same experiences by joining the boy scouts.
-Overcome the fears in life - There's no reason why you can't face your fears while still living at home.

I would suggest that you don't run away. Study hard and do well in school because once you get out that's the only thing that will separate you from the bums.
(07-19-2011, 03:18 AM)Camden Wrote: What about a source of income? No one will want to hire a smelly homeless person who wears the same clothes everyday. Don't do it, you know that you'll never amount to anything and you'll end up regretting it.

This.

Don't run, you will regret it.
I just hope you won't turn into a tramp, no offense this is true crap.
(07-18-2011, 09:30 PM)Reykjavik Wrote: I heard that if I run away I'm going to miss some "great opportunities". Well let me state things from my opinion. All the "great opportunities" I have if I stay are:
-Staying in school?
-Going to an un-needed 4 years of college?
-Paying a thousand dollar monthly rent for a small apartment?
-Not many good jobs out there.
-Possibly girlfriend.

NOW, I will say REAL good opportunities I will be looking at if I take off:
-Freedom I always wanted
-No restrictions
-Grow outdoor experience

So... any disagreements? Feel free to correct me.

Oh, and yes, running off does has it's downsides. Such as:
-My family being despaired of me leaving
-Hostile people, animals, and insects
-Search parties
-Dumpster diving
-I cannot turn back no matter how much I want to
-I will sooner or later crash into depression as I miss everyone, but know I can't go back
-Cold or rainy nights
-Shelter

What are you thinking? If that is your reasoning, just stay home you won't make it far.

-Staying in school? Yeah, a degree.

-Going to an un-needed 4 years of college? Ok, the 4 years can be argued to be worthless, but the degree itself is important.

-Paying a thousand dollar monthly rent for a small apartment? Or..parents house? Are you getting kicked out?

-Not many good jobs out there. This attitude will leave you in a box on the sidewalk. Make your own opportunities.

-Possibly girlfriend. Uhm..

-Freedom I always wanted: Which will get very boring after about a week. You won't have much freedom without money.

-No restrictions: Same as above..you'll have a lot of restrictions.

-Exploring the world and LIVING life: Lol, you can LIVE life without running away and seeming like an attention seeker. It is very easy..

-Greater chance of girlfriend. (16 times greater of a chance, if you travel then stay home): Sixteen times greater? Who said that?

-Grow outdoor experience: Go camping.

-Overcome the fears in life: You need to runaway to overcome fears? Think about how that sounds.

And then add on the downsides you mentioned. It isn't like a TV show where everything is fine and dandy. Unless you have a great excuse if you runaway that's pretty sad.
While I do tend to agree with most of the stuff that's been said above me, I do want to point out to everyone... being homeless, and being a bum, aren't the same thing. I've met people that are well groomed, have a job, and in some cases even have a family... all while being homeless.

That being said, I think it would be unwise for you to leave home, Reykjavik... especially at your age (I'm going to assume you're pretty young).
Take it from somebody who actually has left home, with the same intentions you have now. Here's what'll end up happening... for the first few days, you'll be fine. After that, as your resources start running out, things will get pretty hard. Maybe you'll be lucky enough to have a friend or two that will let you stay with them, but that will only last for so long. Eventually, you'll no longer have the resources needed to stay alive, and will be faced with two options. Option number 1, is get a job... good luck with that at your age (again, I'm assuming you're pretty young... under 16 at least). So since that probably won't work out, you'll have to go with option number 2, go back to your family. Think about the most award moment in your entire life, multiply it by hundred, add in some guilt, fear, and shame, and that should give you a pretty good idea of how you will feel when you show back up at home.

To make a long story short, don't do it.
[QUOTE='Laugh' pid='220804' dateline='1311111149']
-Possibly girlfriend. Uhm..

What's that supposed to mean???

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So...why does no one here use Reddit? You're missing out! Peter L 2 441 03-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Last Post: GrammarPhreak