Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Memory Issue
I have a Nokia 5310 Xpressmusic Phone, and it's really messed up. I have over 15,000 messages in total on it, because I never delete messages, lol. Now I have to delete them because I only have 1.3 mb's of space left, but when I try deleting multiple messages at once my phone freezes and I have to take out the battery. Also it takes almost a minute for my message box to load so I can delete more. When it freezes and I turn it off and then on it takes 40 minutes for my phone to be able to view, send, or receive messages. Can anyone help me figure out how to get rid of it all without it freezing?
Looks like your phone is over crowded with data, you will have to delete most of them singlular.
Are you trying to delete all the messages at ones?
Try like 50-100 at a time Tongue
[Image: 58iH.gif]
I usually try to delete 10-15 at a time, but even after I do it one at a time it still freezes after like 30 or 40 messages get deleted.
(02-28-2010, 03:12 PM)prophet Wrote: I usually try to delete 10-15 at a time, but even after I do it one at a time it still freezes after like 30 or 40 messages get deleted.

Wow, that sucks man. I think that phone is trashed, and you just need to get another one.
[Image: b7yj2x.png]
Go into settigns and see if there is some sort of factory reset. Hopefully it will dump all the data being stored on the chip.
The Nokia 5310 XpressMusic phone doesn't rely on the phone's memory to store music as the internal memory amounts to just a little over 7MB at boot (30MB total). But the phone comes with a microSD card slot that supports SDHC cards. Better yet, the T-Mobile package includes a 1GB card to get you started.

The great audio quality also provides an advantage when it comes to gaming. The Nokia 5310 supports Java games and you can buy games and download them over the air. The phone isn't the fastest at loading games but in-game speed is very good. The d-pad feels a little slippery for gaming but the great display and excellent audio more than make up for the shortfall in gaming experience as a whole.
Thank you so much for this post sharing with us.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does anyone have EVO screen issue? Persian 0 447 01-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Persian
  HTC HERO Service issue Dcrac23 2 861 07-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Dcrac23