Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
60% chance i go, 40% chance i stay
maybe...
(07-18-2011, 03:59 PM)Reykjavik Wrote: Im not happy. thats all. and what good opportunities would i be missing? all i can think of is going to an extra 4 un-needed years of college, get a job im not happy with, pay a 1200$ per-month for a small apartment. all i want right now is to be free and have a girlfriend. and the chances of getting romance on the run is 16x bigger then at home. im sorry, but i see no reason to stay

If you really think your life would be better if you go, then go. But make sure you're completely ready for it. Money, food, a job somewhere else close to where you plan on living might be a good idea. It'll help you get money which is basically what you'll need for surviving. And getting a girlfriend? It'll probably be tough because the girl's parents might not want their child going out with someone who doesn't have going to school/college in mind. Or something like that. And you'll need more money if you plan on having a girlfriend. I don't think a girl likes to go out with someone who doesn't have enough money for her needs as well. Plus, I don't think most girls like living in the wilderness if you are planning on surviving in some jungle or somewhere like that. So if you're really planning on leaving, you should prepare for everything, find a good place where you plan on surviving/living and getting a job as close to that place as possible. Whatever floats your boat dude. But stay with your parents until all of the necessary arrangements and packing is done.
PS: Try to keep what your doing as secretive as possible. You don't want your parents/other people figuring out what you plan on doing. Though of course you know that.
PPS: If you think going to 4 years of college will get you a "1200$ per-month - small apartment", what will NOT going to college get you?

Honestly, I don't think you should leave without a notice. It's your parents and they love you, imagine them sitting at home, crying because you left, and when you're hiding from the search parties they come home and tell your parents they didn't find you.

I think you should talk to your parents about your situation instead. If they react like you are all wrong - leave.
We're all entitled to our own opinions. So, in my opinion, your opinion sucks.
(07-19-2011, 01:45 AM)Skyset Wrote: Honestly, I don't think you should leave without a notice. It's your parents and they love you, imagine them sitting at home, crying because you left, and when you're hiding from the search parties they come home and tell your parents they didn't find you.

I think you should talk to your parents about your situation instead. If they react like you are all wrong - leave.

I honestly couldn't care any less if they were upset or not via me leaving.
I would bet large sums of cash that if you do go, you will either:
1) come crawling back at the first sign of winter
2) come crawling back within the first week
3) die
4) end up in jail

You do not possess the skills, knowledge or mental/physical strength to survive in the wilderness.
You'll need to know how to get food... some sort of hunting and/or fishing. You'll also need a book on what kind of plants you can or cannot eat.

Watch the movie "Into the Wild"
Why are you leaving home?
I cannot access your other thread.
It says link is broken.
(07-28-2011, 07:50 PM)Kane Wrote: Why are you leaving home?
I cannot access your other thread.
It says link is broken.

What thread? I'm not leaving anymore, but I was planning to just for the hell of it. I am very bored sometimes.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stay Vinyl Weed 0 336 08-14-2011, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Weed
  it pays to stay clean Bjfox 2 560 03-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Bjfox
  Give me One good reasson why you deserve to stay alive!! Carlos 29 5,060 10-27-2009, 02:08 AM
Last Post: manipulate
  Why do mods and admins stay invisible? Idiot #1 5 922 10-10-2009, 01:45 AM
Last Post: Grizzly