Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
60% chance i go, 40% chance i stay
Recently I posted a thread about me taking off from home. (thread right here)
It's been seriously crossing my mind lately and I have not made up my mind yet. I have been thinking about what I am facing when I leave, and I am aware of-

-Defense (People, animals, even insects)

-Shelter

-Money

-Surviving

-Hiding from search parties

If you think I'm missing something feel free to point it out.
You need some supplies and clothing but that pretty much covers it.
Good luck bro, I wish everything would be okay for you and you could stay at home where your from.
I'm not quite sure if I'm going to do this yet. My mom and dad will be hurt knowing I left them.
(07-14-2011, 08:22 PM)Reykjavik Wrote: I'm not quite sure if I'm going to do this yet. My mom and dad will be hurt knowing I left them.

That they will. But if the environment isn't safe you really have no choice.

Good luck on you endeavors if you do go. Confusedmile:
(07-14-2011, 05:27 PM)Reykjavik Wrote: Recently I posted a thread about me taking off from home. (thread right here)
It's been seriously crossing my mind lately and I have not made up my mind yet. I have been thinking about what I am facing when I leave, and I am aware of-

-Defense (People, animals, even insects)

-Shelter

-Money

-Surviving

-Hiding from search parties

If you think I'm missing something feel free to point it out.

You can do all of this for a week or two, maybe even a month; but if you're a minor and you plan on doing this for the long-term...jeez. You're up a creek. In 6-8 weeks you'll have exhausted all of your resources and will have to return home. Or else, you'll face the prospect of being homeless...and all that entails. Are you prepared to throw your life away just to get away from them? If possible, I suggest you go live with other relatives (if you have any). Don't try to brave nature on your own. Trust me, once you run out of money and favors you'll be royally fudged.

(Btw, your previous thread isn't loading on my browser for some reason.)
(07-14-2011, 11:01 PM)Providence Wrote: (Btw, your previous thread isn't loading on my browser for some reason.)

Here ya go:
www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=20476

OT: It sounds like you've allready made up your mind.... "60% chance I go 40% chance I stay"
(07-14-2011, 11:29 PM)bckc Wrote: Here ya go:

Thanks.

A sixteen-year-old running away for the lols is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Maybe if you had gone through Eagle Scouts, the Marines, or something comparable... But a sixteen-year-old? Raised in modern America? Braving it in nature?

Listen, even if your body survives (it probably won't) -- your mind definitely won't. The trauma of living as a wild animal, on your own, will forever change your personality if you're out there for too long.

Don't think you're invincible, 'cause you're not.
(07-14-2011, 11:29 PM)bckc Wrote: Here ya go:

OT: It sounds like you've allready made up your mind.... "60% chance I go 40% chance I stay"
If i made up my mind it would be at 100
How old are you? Do you have a job? Do you have transportation? Without these, it's going to be rough. Unless your condition is very serious, I think you should stay home.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stay Vinyl Weed 0 336 08-14-2011, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Weed
  it pays to stay clean Bjfox 2 567 03-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Bjfox
  Give me One good reasson why you deserve to stay alive!! Carlos 29 5,087 10-27-2009, 02:08 AM
Last Post: manipulate
  Why do mods and admins stay invisible? Idiot #1 5 936 10-10-2009, 01:45 AM
Last Post: Grizzly