Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I let my friend know he is infected?
I got a spam email from my former history teacher telling me that I can get rich quick if I send my money to nigeria. (A spam message obviously.)

I was debating on whether or not to reply to the email and tell him to change his password because his yahoo mail account has been compromised.

Is it proper etiquette to let someone know that their account has been infected or should I just assume that he knows or that someone else has told him. Does it make a difference if he is my high school history teacher?

What is the right thing to do when you know someone is infected?
Tell him he's infected and explain how to clean it. Or if you don't like him just let it go.
[Image: inm4jO.png]
[ AIM: YoRelapse | Gamertag: N/A | MSN: YoRelapse@live.com ]
Unless he did something wrong to you, tell him.
Tell your friend that he is infected and tell him to do a full scan using Malware Byet's Anti Malware.
Don't try to act smart... i am smarter than you...Ninja
yes you should tell him or else it may get worse.
He is probably in huge bot net, probably only going to be usedfor spam email, just tell him otherwise, scan with malwarebytes.
It is all up to you, do you like him? If you do, tell him and maybe remove it for him since teachers / school staff aren't the smartest when it comes to these type of situations.
Depends if you like him or not :p
I would say tell him.
Depends on your morality. If you disliked the teacher, obviously let him be.
However, if you enjoyed him as a teacher, tell him. It wouldn't honestly hurt nor backfire and it'd be the right thing to do. It would save him trouble down the road.
Okay, I told him. I said that he should change his password and that he should scan his computer. He hasn't replied and I don't think he ever will. Some thanks I get, haha.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [TUT] How to tell if you're infected, and what to do N3w_2_H@Ck1n™ 61 21,216 02-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Last Post: 6+9=♋
  I am infected with blackshades. Kyle FYI™ 8 4,802 11-27-2011, 09:36 AM
Last Post: New Jersey
  TIPS!! how to clean a Virus-Infected Computer ginoside021 9 3,358 12-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Bursihido
  [Mini tutorial] How to check if you are infected with a keylogger xsciveral 4 1,800 10-02-2010, 01:38 AM
Last Post: Review
  Infected? Please Help john14907 9 4,545 04-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Support