Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Need a Reliable Webhost?
Taken from Genwebs - Webmaster and Technology Blog

As someone who has been running websites for three years now, I can tell you the sheer importance of having a good webhost. It is your backboard, your whole project. I've seen the worst hosts you could imagine, some being hosting24.com, hdwebprovider.com (shared), and santrex.net. Note: In this post I'm referring solely to shared webhosts.

I was in love with santrex before. They were pretty quick, decent support, but after awhile I realized they aren't very secure or professional and if you miss your payment by one day your website is gone unless you have a backup. This is something a host should not do. A host should care about their customers.

I'd like to mention uptime. If you website is not up 100% of the time, you lose credibility. ANYBODY who would have visited your website in that time will never visit it again, more than likely. Another thing to watch out for is "unlimited hosting." That is a marketing scheme, and is very impossible. Even if it says "unmetered," it is still bad to sign-up for a host like that simply because the server you share.

Another thing that is important is refunds and support. If the host doesn't offer refunds and had a bad support system you do not want to sign-up. Bad support consist of inexperienced support members and slow response times.

So if you think you found a host that will work, there is one last step. Google the hosting name for "hostingnamehere reviews" and "hostingnamehere sucks." Make your own judgement.

Once you get more traffic you'll need to upgrade to a dedicated server. For that purpose I suggest HDWebProvider (their dedicated servers are good but their shared service isn't very good. As for shared hosting, I'm currently using MDDHosting and I am very impressed.

Stay inspired, sorry for the brief post.
Nice sharing.Here i want to share my own hosting experience.Nowadays there are lot of hosting providers available.For me http://www.thewebpole.com/ is the best and cheap web hosting service provider.I found this site through Google search.Here hosting plan start $2.79 /month.Recently i hosted my website.They provided good technical support.I like their services.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reliable managed VPS webhost in Canada? Mirandas 3 424 12-05-2022, 11:18 AM
Last Post: Roisen
  Reliable webhost with Ruby on Rails? Tilsun 4 275 10-28-2022, 01:01 AM
Last Post: Kdstack
  Cheap rate best webhost any one know ? ★ASI_F★™ 7 1,160 08-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Last Post: VentroV
  LOOKING FOR A FREE AND UNLIMITED WEBHOST? KingOfHunt3rs 5 771 12-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Last Post: ђƹЖąǥǿɲ
  How do I become a webhost? JamieMiller 6 1,158 12-19-2010, 06:05 PM
Last Post: JamieMiller