Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running My Forum From A Wii
If I didnt post this in the right section a mod may move it,

Now Im trying to run my forum the only device I have is a Wii Im trying to make the Community big it might take 6 months before i get a New PC Can I get help on how to Install Mods Do Updates And Build the Community All On My Nintendo Wii this is Annoying that Wii Doesent Support zip therefore i carnt download the Modification
Cheers
Spudster
Why are you trying to run the forum on your Wii though?? :S

You mean you want to administer it from your Wii using the network? And i'm not sure as i've never used the Wii to connect to the internet before, I have it connected, but i've never done online browsing with it. I'm not sure how much you'd be able to do. You could install the forum using a computer though to start...
A Wii exacly like an Iphone But i dont want to get rid of the work I did on the pc before it broke down
(07-09-2011, 09:59 PM)Spudster Wrote: A Wii exacly like an Iphone But i dont want to get rid of the work I did on the pc before it broke down

I'm not wondering what a Wii is, i'm wondering why you're trying to run your forum from a Wii.
Im sorry, but I'm not sure that it is possible, and even if it is, the capabilities would be limited and very difficult! I say If you don't have a computer buy either an used one or a crappy new one... Good Luck!
(07-09-2011, 10:20 PM)specizripn Wrote: Im sorry, but I'm not sure that it is possible, and even if it is, the capabilities would be limited and very difficult! I say If you don't have a computer buy either an used one or a crappy new one... Good Luck!

I agree with this, You wouldn't be able to do anything with the file transfer protocol I doubt it, It would be difficult to make backups, install new themes, or do any improvements around the site.
Atleast I can do everything in the Admin Panel besides the file tranafer Will it be Ok to run the forum by the Wii for a month or two thats when I should have the money
(07-09-2011, 11:08 PM)Spudster Wrote: Atleast I can do everything in the Admin Panel besides the file tranafer Will it be Ok to run the forum by the Wii for a month or two thats when I should have the money

Don't expect to get a lot done. You won't be able to show your members that you're upgrading/improving the site in the meantime, which will be a huge downset to your success as an admin. In my opinion. You'd be better off just forgetting about this forum until you have money.

If you get people to join now, and they leave, you're not likely to get them back until they see some pretty big improvements. It's highly unmotivational for users to come back to a run down forum, and you won't succeed.
Agreed to Ace's post.

As an alternative however, you could enlist some one you trust as an Admin and allow him to do the file transfers for you.
Im Allowed On My Friends PC about 2-3 times a week and i might be able to hire a trusted staff member for the meantime