Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dj's ruin songs?
[Image: twitter05.png]

So my cousin is a new dj. And all he does is play a song, and scratch his record to it. I personally think this ruins good songs. He just plays a song like this.

and makes random wuh uh wuh uh sounds to it.

What do you think about dj's? I think they ruin good songs. I mean sometimes dj's make awesome mixes but it's very rare for me.
Well, first off, what the fudge did I just start listening to but never finished cause it hurt my ears.

And that is not DJing if you just add random spins to it...
Well yes they ruin songs, but they also ruin vinyl! It is such a tragedy! Sad
I'm not sure if I consider myself a DJ, as I don't really "mix" things, but I do, happen to do a ton of stuff in FL, Cubase, and Ableton.

here's an example of one of my older tracks:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXeUgxDRNBE[/youtube]

Created the video/animation myself as well in AE, using the exact soundwave of my finished track.
I actually and honestly really like this mix.
I'm actually working on a new one similar to this style. Been on and off at it for the past couple months, but I think it's close. Getting there
This mix is the original mix guys lol. I like it. But my cousin would just make tons and tons and tons of scratch records... to the point where you cannot even here the song.

I guess he's not labeled as a dj. Dj's make actual mixes in fl studios and stuff.
True, scratching is just a part of DJ'ing in a specific style of DJ'ers. I personally don't do any of that, I create all of my own sounds, anyone can scratch things up.
Obviously it all depends on how good the DJ is...
(07-10-2011, 10:26 AM)Fragma Wrote: Obviously it all depends on how good the DJ is...

Being a good DJ though depends on more factors than just scratching. That's only a fraction of it, and an optional part

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wedding songs DAMINKā„¢ 4 510 06-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Cronus
  For people who write songs. Robbieava 3 622 10-20-2010, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Psychosis
  Some Songs I wrote Canoris 0 319 01-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Canoris
  Exhaustive list of my favourite songs. Canoris 0 504 12-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Canoris
  Favorite Songs Grizzly 26 2,510 11-26-2009, 01:39 AM
Last Post: ktmrider530