Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My first sigs! Please critique!
Ok so today I decided to get on photoshop and make my first sigs! Please let me know what you think!
[Image: 8YkZH.jpg]

[Image: EDQsy.jpg]

[Image: 3DmDE.jpg]
Again these are my first ever. I was just experimenting with photoshop cs5 so please don't chew me up! Only positive remarks and suggestions!
If I were you I'd just go on some graphics forums and follow some in depth tutorials. These will help you learn some basic techniques needed to make signatures.
It's very basic I'll tell you now. Follow some tutorials and it'll help you extremely in the long run if you do follow it. Just use the guide and make it your own, I'd recommend learning some terms as well.
http://www.sigtutorials.com/tutorials/ba...runge.html
(07-08-2011, 03:38 PM)specizripn Wrote: Ok so today I decided to get on photoshop and make my first sigs! Please let me know what you think!
[Image: 8YkZH.jpg]

[Image: EDQsy.jpg]

[Image: 3DmDE.jpg]
Again these are my first ever. I was just experimenting with photoshop cs5 so please don't chew me up! Only positive remarks and suggestions!
hi,
in own view,the font in the middle image looks the best,how much of the last image was designed,or is it a banner that have just added text to?
the last one does look the best as there is more to it,but its just a bit overstimulating and the text layout seems to brash and overlapping.
not having a moan as it is a lot better than what some new designers make.
was in exactly the same position to-the very first sig banner had made years ago was part of a soldier of fortune screenshot that had taken from ingame-with username on it,think it might have been the early base02 font.

will develop skills as go on,so theres nothing wrong with being a beginner,if are struggling at all with photoshop try GIMP,its easier for beginners as there isnt so much complex clutter.
can always use both as get better,thats exactly why am a hater of photoshop; its to cluttered,plus an absolute lagfest.
[Image: kittcrew.jpg]
I don't steal banners and put my username on them! I used a banner size and used pictures and effects to make them. I know their crap I was just looking for advice...
I dont think it looks good at all.
[Image: d07Zi1]
I like them!
But You should try adding some Renders
CHeck My Shop For Some Help.
Not very good. I suggest going on youtube and watching some video tutorials. There is also many great tutorial sites.
You need to learn some blending techniques... 5.5/10 Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [FREE] Animated sigs, avatars, icons and anything else [HQ] mostskillful 1 871 09-15-2011, 06:11 AM
Last Post: ₠o™
  Free Sigs! bateyy 6 704 09-15-2011, 06:08 AM
Last Post: ₠o™
  Rate My Sigs I've Made applepie112 33 3,918 07-20-2011, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Drakon
  Some of my sigs Legitti 39 4,442 06-17-2011, 03:35 AM
Last Post: Trustable
  10 Sigs I had made (My best work yet) Christopher 33 4,440 06-17-2011, 02:26 AM
Last Post: Trustable