Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
php editor?
Is there any php editor that can directly edit .php pages from my server? my web server is somewhere else
Perhaps Dreamweaver? I know you can set it to sync files you're working on straight to a file server. There is a downside to that but there's probably more configurable options.
You can edit the files and save to the web server with any changes, and you can get files as well all directly in dreamweaver. If that's what you want then, i'd recommend it. It's not a bad program. As long as you learn to use the code view more than the design view. It's not to be used as a "paint" editor where you use the design view to just move things around. You will want to do most of that in the code view...

Otherwise it's a great program.
I use Adobe Dreamweaver cs5. Like they said above it works fine if your under code and not design... Good Luck!
Dreamwaever should work fine for you mate!
[Image: inm4jO.png]
[ AIM: YoRelapse | Gamertag: N/A | MSN: YoRelapse@live.com ]
If you use a decent FTP client you can do it with any text editor actually. Connect to your server via FTP, navigate to the file you want to edit, right-click on it and look for an option about editing it. It will open in your default text editor (like Notepad++) and when you'll save it, it will reupload itself.

But maybe you meant a text editor with some FTP feature that allows to completely work directly on a live server, then have a look at PhpDesigner. I really don't recommend Dreamweaver for PHP, it's more something to ease web design, but to actually code I don't find it really good.
(07-13-2011, 01:32 AM)Bencori Wrote: If you use a decent FTP client you can do it with any text editor actually. Connect to your server via FTP, navigate to the file you want to edit, right-click on it and look for an option about editing it. It will open in your default text editor (like Notepad++) and when you'll save it, it will reupload itself.

Yeah exactly. FileZilla does that, and I recommend FileZilla for many reasons. You can just set your default editor in the settings to Notepad++ (I recommend Notepad++ too).
We're all entitled to our own opinions. So, in my opinion, your opinion sucks.
hmm, I use notepad++ for editing.
i use filezilla
Superman
(08-02-2011, 08:32 PM)iiosama Wrote: i use filezilla

That is an FTP client, not a php editor

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PHP Framework List: An Ultimate Guide to 102 PHP Frameworks for Web Developers tk-hassan 0 758 07-27-2020, 11:26 PM
Last Post: tk-hassan
  PHP Video Tutorials (PHP For Beginners) Eleqtriq 4 3,233 10-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Greyersting