Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I like a friend of mine and she knows that I do. How do I make the next step?
(07-10-2011, 02:46 PM)Qwazz Wrote: With girls it's all about asking the question, they're waiting for it to. Just ask if she likes you, or if she want's to go out on a date. Either will get you a fast answer, and it won't be awkward if she does turn you down at this point in time. If you never ask you'll never know.

I might as well. Whatever its better than not doing it. At least if she says no I'll have an answer.
(07-10-2011, 06:29 PM)lunagron Wrote: I might as well. Whatever its better than not doing it. At least if she says no I'll have an answer.

Good luck bro, hope it works out ok Smile

Let us know how it works out! If she does turn you down, remember she still has other friends that are girls you could always try and make a connection with one of them.
[Image: 2q8xb45.jpg]

I'm just a coward and I can't seem to work up the nerves or confidence to be able to say anything. It mainly has to do with her personality. She hates being in situations where a friend asks her out and she wants to say no. Sh absolutely hates it and I'm just worried of putting her through stuff like that.
(07-11-2011, 07:04 PM)lunagron Wrote: I'm just a coward and I can't seem to work up the nerves or confidence to be able to say anything. It mainly has to do with her personality. She hates being in situations where a friend asks her out and she wants to say no. Sh absolutely hates it and I'm just worried of putting her through stuff like that.
Story of my awkward early teenage life dude. If you don't ask her it will be one of the most regretful things you do (or in this case don't do.) Especially if you're doing it because you're afraid of her response.

Now this is kind of corny, but Mark Houlahan once said
"If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by realizing that you are the author and everyday you have the opportunity to write a new page"
You chose what happens in your life and you make things happen.
Don't be afraid to act because of what someone else might think, it's your life.

Nothing good will happen unless you make it happen. The same could be said about the bad. Life is a game of risks and you have to choose when to call and when to fold and when to raise the stakes (i know, a corny reference to poker)

Sitting back and letting things come to you won't accomplishment anything. That's why they call it the Pursuit of Happiness. Pursue what you want and if it doesn't turn out how you want it to, then move on
I talked to her about it and she said no. We're still friends though. It's nice to finally have it out of my system.
Ouch. Well at least you can look back on it and say you know her answer Smile i wish it woulda been like that a year or two ago for me lol and its good that u guys r still gonna be friends Smile
Yeah it was also the first time I ever worked up the nerve to ask someone out. But it is nice, to finally have an answer.
(07-11-2011, 11:58 PM)lunagron Wrote: Yeah it was also the first time I ever worked up the nerve to ask someone out. But it is nice, to finally have an answer.

I'm very happy and sorry for you. Sorry because she said no but happy because you're still friends and you seem to have really taken it well. She said no but that doesn't mean other girls will. Now that's out of your system, you must feel much better. You must have received a confidence boost after that whole thing in asking girls out now. Now that your fear is gone, you'll feel much easier talking with them and asking them out. Feeling happy for you and best of luck for later! Big Grin

Well that's a big step Smile and it will only get easier as time goes by

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have to kick my friend out Thefirstlady 1 824 08-01-2016, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Mimi
  Need help helping a friend Josh H. 4 1,242 09-19-2014, 06:34 AM
Last Post: Good vibes
  Need help for a friend xEpicTaco 1 533 08-15-2013, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Clark
  Girl + Friend Problems AgroWarrior 0 471 11-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Last Post: AgroWarrior
  Friend just said she wants to kill herself. Sparr0w 5 991 08-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Calcium