Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testing OS's
So, I recently got my 'testing' computer back, which I use to test various operating systems. I have tried Ubuntu and Windows 7 and a few others, and am looking for reccomendations for some others to check out. Maybe some Linux Distros or whatever else you suggest.
Doesn't matter how many you suggest, I plan to note them all down and eventually get to all of them.
Confused
I would try out mint, i hear it's pretty cool. Or kubuntu.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
It never hurts to get into any of the BSD's (freebsd, openbsd, netbsd etc)

Also you could try an OSx86 distro.
LockerZ Invite Required? PM Me.
Visit TechBeat for the latest Technology News
[Image: jamzasigniture.jpg]
Well Fedora and OpenSuse are primed to release their new distro's - Fedora 12 (which is available as a Beta right now) and OpenSUSE 11.2...so why don't you give these bad boys a whirl...G4143
Slackware 13/ArchLinux - C/Assem/Python
Try out google's android os, if you want to commit suicide.
Well if you really want to test something cool, test ReactOS. *Not a linux its a hybrid.
Anything that doesn't use KDE.
Right now I'm downloading Linux Mint with XFCE environment, and Mandriva with the Gnome environment.
I've already used Linux Mint(Gnome), DreamLinux, Fedora 11(Gnome & KDE), Debian(LXDE & XFCE), Xubuntu(XFCE), Kubuntu(KDE), OpenGeu(Gnome), CrunchBang(Openbox), Puppy(JWM), Zenwalk(XFCE).

Apart from Fedora using KDE & Kubuntu, I'd recommend them all. You've really got to try them all, it's so hard to stick with just one.
If you're fairly new to Linux, Linux Mint or OpenGeu is great place to start.
(10-22-2009, 08:47 PM)Socrates Wrote: Try out google's android os, if you want to commit suicide.

(10-23-2009, 12:07 PM)Tm0 Wrote: Well if you really want to test something cool, test ReactOS. *Not a linux its a hybrid.
If you're going to get something as crappy as Windows you might as well get the real thing.
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies
(10-27-2009, 01:27 AM)iintens Wrote: ...

(10-23-2009, 12:07 PM)Tm0 Wrote: Well if you really want to test something cool, test ReactOS. *Not a linux its a hybrid.
If you're going to get something as crappy as Windows you might as well get the real thing.

Because it isn't. It just has wine built in it. And it has its own system. Its not windows, just compaditable with. ;)
Quote:ReactOS® is a free, modern operating system based on the design of Windows® XP/2003. Written completely from scratch, it aims to follow the Windows-NT® architecture designed by Microsoft from the hardware level right through to the application level. This is not a Linux based system, and shares none of the unix architecture.
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pen testing on seperate PC? Inventor 12 2,874 07-21-2011, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Inventor
  Threat Kit: Lightweight Pen Testing Distro killerdoob420 0 2,571 01-15-2011, 09:44 AM
Last Post: killerdoob420