Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rapping & my parents
Believe it or not rapping is one of my passions, I have been writing raps/remixes for the last year or so, and my friends all say that I should release a mixtape. My parents however obviously don't approve of this profession (even though I'm not even considering it) and hate everything surrounding the urban-rap culture.

Once they caught my freestyling, and they laughed and me and told me to stop wasting my time memorizing lyrics from dumb rappers like Lil Wayne. So they don't know about it. I have to wait until they leave the house to work on something, or record something.

It's so frustrating, I just want to work Sad

Btw if it helps add to characterization I have Asian parents that are like half traditional and half contemporary if you get what I mean. And I've talked to them,or hinted about it in the past, they were just like "Dont waste your time" . They would rather have me working on java or something, but I really despise it.
Hey there Romeo,

I think that you have a different situation then most. Your parents are only looking for the best for you.
I don't think they will prevent you from doing what you want, rather discourage it.

Of course your life should be yours, and always do what makes you happy.

Good luck, and upload some raps!

> Chick-Fil-A
[Image: signatureus.png]
Put your school and education first and then while you have spare time, work on your raps.
If you parents get mad/annoying, tell them you've done your study and now you're going to do something you like in your spare time.
GL!
[Image: iGvZI.png]
(06-30-2011, 11:55 PM)101 Wrote: Put your school and education first and then while you have spare time, work on your raps.
If you parents get mad/annoying, tell them you've done your study and now you're going to do something you like in your spare time.
GL!
Agree with this post Oui
[Image: 0b0033.gif]
Just ignore your parents! Work hard on school and in your free time work on your raps! If they try to forbid you after that just tell them that you work hard and do good at school (if you do) and that they should be happy with whatever you do since things you could do could be much worse (drugs, theft).
Whatever you do, this may sound a bit cliche, but don't let anyone tell you what you can and can't do. If you believe that you can rap, and memorizing these lyrics help you in anyway, continue to do it!

If they laugh at you that's a sign of their own insecurity, or failed dreams.
(07-01-2011, 07:59 AM)Remorse Wrote: Whatever you do, this may sound a bit cliche, but don't let anyone tell you what you can and can't do. If you believe that you can rap, and memorizing these lyrics help you in anyway, continue to do it!

If they laugh at you that's a sign of their own insecurity, or failed dreams.

I am with you on this one! I like how you said your second paragraph! It really looks like that!
Whenever you have free time, work on rapping and stuff. Concentrate on school though and tell them it's a hobby of yours.
Don't get worked up. A lot of parents do that because they love you and want the very best for you. Take it easy. Common suggestion is true: Study HARD!! and then in your free time do it. Tell your parents you've finished studying. And when your grades go up, they'll probably lighten up. Cheer up! XD

If rapping is something you truly enjoy doing, keep doing it. Sometimes going against what your parents say is the better thing to do.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My girlfriends parents are crazy Sobrix 1 641 05-09-2014, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Clark
  Parents// Thread being deleted. Deity 3 1,066 05-31-2012, 03:22 AM
Last Post: Prince
  My parents marriage is falling apart. What to do? Slick_ 9 2,102 01-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Quizzical
  Unwelcoming Parents? cupcake 5 1,554 12-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Last Post: King
  My Parents Chief 7 1,059 10-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Virus1x