Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam's Teach Yourself Java in 21 Days?
(07-12-2011, 10:07 AM)bckc Wrote: Lol if you think Java will be easy after C# and VB.net then I think you will be mistaken.

I'm very good with VB.NET and I'm pretty good with C#, but Java is on a whole new level, you will struggle.

Also I don't like Sams teach yourself books, I read the php one and found it easier to learn from online sources -.-

I've never read the Java one though sorry.

Are you serious? If you know any amount of C# Java should be relatively easy..Whats so difficult about it? Its just a pain in the ass if anything. Difficult isn't a word I'd use to describe it
i actually seen seen a whole site with many e-courses like java and c++ and things like that i will post when i find it again
(07-13-2011, 07:24 PM)BacklTrack Wrote: Are you serious? If you know any amount of C# Java should be relatively easy..Whats so difficult about it? Its just a pain in the ass if anything. Difficult isn't a word I'd use to describe it

People learn different than others so what is easy to you can be hard for others and what is hard for you is easy for others

Aim = Pr8Source
(07-13-2011, 08:07 PM)Ted Bundy Wrote: i actually seen seen a whole site with many e-courses like java and c++ and things like that i will post when i find it again

People learn different than others so what is easy to you can be hard for others and what is hard for you is easy for others
Not just for me..I mean, C# is based on Java for the most part. So if you should be able to grasp C# you should be able to grasp Java.
I never used it but if I were you I would just get a book for your computer, the same book, but download it for free Smile
It sounds pretty legit to me
I read the C++ version of that book. In my opinion, that was a great book.
I am reading "Sams Teach Yourself Java in 21 Days"

In Listing 3.4 called "RefTester.java" it starts with code:

Import java.awt.Point;

This line generates a lot of error messages.

I have downloaded the Java language and the first 6 lessons have worked properly.

Any suggestions?
This is from listing 5.2 - Passer.java
The lesson was to insert values for the text array so we could get some output. I have tried to do that with text[1] = "John"; text[2] = "Harry" etc.

class Passer{public static void main(String[] arguments) {

Passer passer = new Passer();
passer.toUpperCase(arguments);
for (int i = 0; i < arguments.length; i++) {
System.out.print(arguments[i] + " ");
}
//next line is 8
System.out.println();
}

void toUpperCase(String[] text) {
text[1] = "John";
text[2] = "Harry";
text[3] = "Mary";

// next line is 16
for (int i = 0; i < text.length; i++) {
text[i] = text[i].toUpperCase();
}
}
}

It generates the error message: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
at Passer.toUpperCase(Passer.java:16)
at Passer.main(Passer.java:8)

Any help would be appreciated.
I have just downloaded Net Beans IDE 7.3.

When I attempt to use it, I get an error message

"Net Beans Connector Chrome extension is required.
To run your project in Chrome with NetBeans integration, you must first install the NetBeans Connector extension in the Chrome Web Store."

I have set the default browser to Firefox but it gives this message anyway.

Any help would be appreciated.
(06-29-2011, 09:50 AM)Black Ghost Wrote: I read teach yourself Adobe Flash, and it was pretty good.

Dear, can you please give me the link of this flash book?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why java haphazard 8 1,412 12-12-2011, 03:23 AM
Last Post: RDCA
  Need Java help from java expert. Blazin 2 1,892 09-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Java help php 1 809 04-06-2010, 06:41 AM
Last Post: php
  Java Problem for real java programmer Testgamma1 10 4,412 03-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Last Post: uber1337
  How do i get java Mozz 4 1,249 02-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Mozz