Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long does a full format take?
(07-08-2011, 12:41 PM)magic Wrote: lol good luck, i'm surprised its gonna take that long. My internal one was less than a day Tongue

It is a big hard drive. 930 Geebees. It takes a long long time.Wacko
I've give an estimate of around 3-5 hours, depending on your hard drive size. Especially if you're ranging from 500Gb to 1TB. 3-5 hours is a considerable estimate that you should expect.

(Disregarding any corruption issues that you might have if that's the reason you are formatting your hard drive over again...)

I've reformatted lots of computer drives before. Reinstalling Operating Systems. And I can usually have an entire PC up within the same day start to finish if I keep at it. Windows updates, drivers, programs and all of that takes up a bit of the time.
It all depends on the memory space and speed of the device.
Ugh, I have been formatting this hard drive for days but everytime I get about halfway the power goes out so I have to start my format all over again! I hope the power stays on so that I can get this done. It takes days for an hdd this big to format.
I would think about 28 hours for this. Why does your power go out every day, can't you fix it?
(08-07-2011, 08:19 AM)EnergySource Wrote: I would think about 28 hours for this. Why does your power go out every day, can't you fix it?

They are doing construction near my house so they need to cut the power occasionally. I have given up on the whole thing anyway. My hdd had a warranty on it. I am just going to get a new one.
It depends on your PC.
[Image: gMibd.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  help : format ibm t30 killer_03 5 1,993 02-26-2011, 12:22 AM
Last Post: killer_03
  Format Factory - Multifunctional Media Converter MyFolder 1 763 04-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Last Post: T0x1c
  How to format a USB / external harddrive. MarkW7 7 1,601 12-31-2009, 09:55 AM
Last Post: MarkW7