Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Great Laptop vs Netbook Debate
Sounds pretty fancy. Still though, I think a netbook fulfills a bit of a different purpose. Instead of just "I'm bored so I'm gonna play on the Zune", it is more of "I'm going to need to get some work done on the plane".
Robert Picard
http://www.rpicard.net
Netbooks are great for browsing, chatting and watching movies, and on top they have excellent battery life, but they won't work for me since I don't want to strain my eyes programming, as the text and resolution are both too small on the ones I've seen.
(10-04-2009, 01:02 PM)D3N Wrote: Netbooks are great for browsing, chatting and watching movies, and on top they have excellent battery life, but they won't work for me since I don't want to strain my eyes programming, as the text and resolution are both too small on the ones I've seen.

Really? I have no problem with it.
If you have any problems with the forum, feel free to email me via the User CP, or send me a Private Message.
I personally prefer Netbooks to be honest. The size and weight is what i'm all for, I wouldn't be able to cope with hauling a 10-15 pound Laptop and bag with all its essentials around with me each day. The look of a few i've seen are sleek and sexy but there are the odd ones that are too ugly for my liking.

I have nothing against Laptops but I have to go with the Netbook on this one.
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

The thing I love about net-books is the fact I can put them in my backpack with my books and it won't get hurt. I just keep it on top of the books and it's safe, and can download stuff throughout the day without any hassle.

Also, yay! I'm the first to get 100 posts :3.
If you have any problems with the forum, feel free to email me via the User CP, or send me a Private Message.
Both have there places in todays hectic life but for me it will always be the desktop I use mostly and the notebook for surfing, emails or when I'm out and about.
Agreed, both have their places and can be used for different purposes.

Both laptop/notebooks and netbooks are both the same in that they are made to be portable computers, although the netbook may be a tad more portable. Netbooks, I would say, are still good for smaller tasks than most laptops - sure, a lot of them are pretty powerful for their sizes, but I have yet to see a netbook that can reach the full potential of a laptop.

Netbooks are still really cool, though.
Well, all I know is that when the nVidia tegra is mainstream in netbooks, it's going to be my main laptop. Some netbooks use it and so far can render 1080p HD unlike an intel atom.
I think if portability is your main intrest you are going to want to get a netbook, and I agree I hate eeepc's keyboards. Our school has 30 of them and I cant type on the damned things >_<.
[Image: nv70ad.png]
Terrorcore, unleash, extermination
Hyper real, cold blood, determination
fudge them, I like this sensation
Incredible, I from the annihilation
For my work, I prefer using a full sized laptop. My laptop has more storage and a better processer than most netbooks and it is pretty small and light. LAPTOPS RULE!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Laptop great graphic [HELP] Miku 6 1,973 05-23-2019, 02:56 AM
Last Post: JabirSheikh
  Why does my netbook lag after 5 minutes of gameplay? d1ey0u 5 1,799 05-23-2019, 02:55 AM
  Can't boot MSI Wind U100 Netbook radushewici 2 1,739 05-23-2019, 02:53 AM
  Speeding up Netbook Echelonex 11 3,526 07-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Viruz
  Netbook HDD physically damaged.[HDD Beeping] aggouras 12 4,256 05-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Lulz