Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Great Laptop vs Netbook Debate
Netbooks are better in my opinion, laptops aren't meant to be used for heavy usage, if you want to do that just get yourself a desktop (not to mention its way cheaper aswell!).
(02-06-2012, 05:00 AM)Tricks Wrote: Netbooks are better in my opinion, laptops aren't meant to be used for heavy usage, if you want to do that just get yourself a desktop (not to mention its way cheaper aswell!).

What?? Huh

Laptops are built to handle far "heavier usage" than netbooks. I have no clue where you got the idea that netbooks are in general more powerful than laptops in that regard. Netbooks are for all the cheap people that can't afford to spend a laptop for the portability in my opinion. And netbooks have much of a worse airflow design than most laptops, so overheating is a very very common issue with them.

If I was gaming I wouldn't even buy a netbook over a laptop as the netbook would probably not stand a chance in comparison.
Heh I think netbooks are better too..but depends what kind of netbook. I have an Alienware M11x and that crap is cray (for portable gaming). The dual graphics cards lets you switch between a shitty Intel integrated card, giving it up to 10 hours of battery life, or you can use the Nvidia one. The newest release of the M11x can play BF3 on almost max settings...that's crazy. It has an 11" screen and the best part - A LIGHT UP KEYBOARD! Big Grin
Business wise we use netbooks for on the go travel and meeting with clients. Simple stuff.

Laptops we keep around if we are going to need to compile or do heavier work loads or write papers/documents.
I have a netbook for backtrack and things of that nature. But a laptop is far more superior in my opinion.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Laptop great graphic [HELP] Miku 6 1,966 05-23-2019, 02:56 AM
Last Post: JabirSheikh
  Why does my netbook lag after 5 minutes of gameplay? d1ey0u 5 1,792 05-23-2019, 02:55 AM
  Can't boot MSI Wind U100 Netbook radushewici 2 1,733 05-23-2019, 02:53 AM
  Speeding up Netbook Echelonex 11 3,520 07-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Viruz
  Netbook HDD physically damaged.[HDD Beeping] aggouras 12 4,249 05-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Lulz