Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are my chances?
Pre-thread; I don't need emotional support - figured this was the best place.

When I was 9 I had to have 'brain' surgery. It wasn't really brain surgery but it was near the brain so you can classify it as such. It was neurological.

If you want to read about it more to understand go here:

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/chiari/chiari.htm

It's basically the crowding of the cerebellum threatening paralysis at a later age if you don't take care of it. I took care of it and now the problem has minimized significantly.

My problem is that I wish to study Criminal Justice in College and hopefully join the local law enforcement or State Police and then eventually make it into the FBI or another Federal Agency.

What are my chances that my 'disability' will prevent them from picking me? It's a long way from now but better to know than not to know.
It should not effect your ability to work, and if they don't accept you because you are classed as ''disabled' sue the crap out of them
(06-26-2011, 03:57 PM)Nickpooz Wrote: It should not effect your ability to work, and if they don't accept you because you are classed as ''disabled' sue the crap out of them

Yeah, I didn't think they could deny you because of such a thing.
Well I want to go into it to be an Agent so wouldn't that be a disadvantage for the teams?

(06-26-2011, 05:05 PM)BLX Wrote: Well I want to go into it to be an Agent so wouldn't that be a disadvantage for the teams?

Only if you get paralyzed, I'm sure. Not 100%, though, so don't quote me on that.
(06-26-2011, 05:05 PM)BLX Wrote: Well I want to go into it to be an Agent so wouldn't that be a disadvantage for the teams?

They is a decent chance they will deny you, because i actually personally asked the lady who runs the fbi center in my state, and she said that if there is a condition that even has a slight chance of hindering your work ever, they will deny you.
[Image: psychois21.png]
You should be ok. Shouldnt affect you
Yeah, as long as your work hard, i don't think it will effect your chances Smile
(06-26-2011, 07:33 PM)Psychosis Wrote: They is a decent chance they will deny you, because i actually personally asked the lady who runs the fbi center in my state, and she said that if there is a condition that even has a slight chance of hindering your work ever, they will deny you.

It wouldn't affect my physical abilities anymore than another person's. I can work out as much as I want basically now, it's just I don't know if there are any possible problems. It's not that big of a condition but being in the FBI you shouldn't really need to worry about that I guess.

Idk, I'll have to see.

(06-27-2011, 12:55 PM)BLX Wrote: It wouldn't affect my physical abilities anymore than another person's. I can work out as much as I want basically now, it's just I don't know if there are any possible problems. It's not that big of a condition but being in the FBI you shouldn't really need to worry about that I guess.

Idk, I'll have to see.

That is the thing though, NOW it doesnt what are the chances it will sometime in your future?
[Image: psychois21.png]