Poll: Which One?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
myBB
92.86%
13 92.86%
SMF
0%
0 0%
Other, Please Specify
7.14%
1 7.14%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
myBB or SMF
MyBB, in my opinion. I don't like the Admin CP of SMF. One of the things that I love in MyBB is that it's user-friendly.
VBulletin is awesome, i reccommend it if you are gonna use offshore hosting.

Otherwise Mybb is great.
I used to be a paid charter member of SMF. Let me tell you it is a sleek innovative piece of equipment....that has outlived its days. You could set up a forum on an IP address and you would still have 80000 spambots within a month. It is ridiculous. I have not seen as many problems with mybb yet.
[Image: linksig.png]
AIM: Link0207 | MSN: Link0207@Link0207.com | YIM: Link0207
Go with MyBB much better in customisation and usability compared to SMF.
I preffer MyBB, very easy to use and customize.. Smile
(07-03-2011, 09:33 PM)Link Wrote: I used to be a paid charter member of SMF. Let me tell you it is a sleek innovative piece of equipment....that has outlived its days. You could set up a forum on an IP address and you would still have 80000 spambots within a month. It is ridiculous. I have not seen as many problems with mybb yet.

I had that problem when i first opened my forum the first time. i had to shut it down and remove all of the spam accounts. Then my hosting bill got too expensive and i had to shot my website and forum down for now.Mad
I'd say MyBB, mostly because of it's great succession in development, and it's a lot more customizable than most forum software out there. PhpBB was good, but now that it's highly exploitable, I wouldn't use it. MyBB is free too. Vbulletin is okay, but it's user navigation is horrible. MyBB is the easiest for navigation. I've heard firsthand by the admin on SevenForums that he believes MyBB is for 13 year old kids, which obviously shows how much knowledge he really has aside from just a Windows Operating System. God that admin annoys me...
I prefer MyBB,

I think it's a nice option altogether. It's got a lot more features, much better looking, and much more options.

Plus,
Omni can help you if you have questions.
[Image: signatureus.png]
Go with MyBB. It is easy to use and looks amazing. It also has a ton of good plugins and the majority of them are free.
Mybb, I love it, I love the rep system so much tho!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Make your MYBB Central Plugin Compatible with new Mybb Billy Mays 3 1,891 07-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Billy Mays
  SMF to MyBB Sam 11 1,730 02-15-2010, 10:26 PM
Last Post: Dillon