Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of the reasons I believe there is a God
I some times find it very hard to believe in a god but it is allways better to believe in something than in nothing even if god isnt real.
Old thread, but I have something very relevant to add to it to show that you don't need a God

Part 1:
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUeK7jaDyG4[/yt]

Part 2:
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Z4ZDnjHSQ[/yt]

Part 3:
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP41CLUh7vU[/yt]
(08-31-2011, 08:56 PM)Ace Wrote: Old thread, but I have something very relevant to add to it to show that you don't need a God
Ha, I remember this.
God is a designer, not an overseer. This is deism. I believe in deism. I think that you can still have a god and believe in rational scientific explanations for things. Hawking said that science does not deny religion, it just offers a simpler alternative. I do not believe in this dichotomy. Religion and science can exist peacefully together as long as both parties are reasonable and objective. When the church told Galileo that the earth was the center of the universe, they were not being reasonable rather quite obstinate.
I am not smart enough to understand what negative energy is or why it means there is no God. I didn't even know of a thing called negative energy.
I watched these three videos. They were pretty cool. All the pretty visualisations.
The final video brings it all home by saying that God can't exist because there was no God for him to exist in. This is fallacious. It is like asking if God is all powerful can he create a stone that he can't lift? If he is all powerful then why can he not lift the stone? And if he can lift the stone then he is not omnipotent because he cannot make a stone that he can't lift.
These sorts of paradoxes confuse the mind. Like the paradox of the nonexistence of time thus the nonexistence of God. C.S. Lewis put it this way: when talking about omnipotence, "a rock so heavy that God cannot lift it" is nonsense just as much as "a square circle." So asking "Can God create a rock so heavy that even he cannot lift it?" is just as much nonsense as asking "Can God draw a square circle?" The answer is no, it is nonsense.

I really like talking about the existence of God. It is a good debate topic. One that will never get old. And one that has crossed the mind of everyone.
I believe in god some days, but some other days I doubt it, if that makes any sense at all. o.O
[Image: blazin.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destroy/Rebuild Until God Shows -Infectious 6 1,004 08-10-2011, 11:07 PM
Last Post: JDBar
  Reasons to delete Facebook Gerira 13 1,428 07-30-2011, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Launcher
  God woman NekoChan 11 2,090 07-05-2011, 03:56 AM
Last Post: NekoChan
  who created god. Socrates 149 48,264 03-18-2011, 06:09 AM
  Sick woman praises God for tragedy in Japan Fragma 26 4,887 03-16-2011, 02:45 PM