Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want to make a log in system that connects with my website forums as in if you are logged in on the forums your logged in on the website. You have same info. I also want more features but for now can anyone help me with this my forums is ran off of php. I have no php programming skillz so please help me out. My website is xzill.com......
[Image: banner.jpg]
Oh, simple.

Just hook up your 'new' login script to the already-in-use forum database.

Even a cave man could do it!

^_^
You could integrate your forum system to a website, google for it. If you use phpBB system, then its piece of cake. No idea for vBulletin or others.
Find a PHP login script on google and make it connect to the same database as the one on your forum.
If you're having trouble doing this, I can do it for you for $50. orgy@bigkesh.com
[Image: TYzKF.png]
(08-05-2011, 09:18 PM)Orgy Wrote: If you're having trouble doing this, I can do it for you for $50. orgy@bigkesh.com

orgy, you're such a money whore. xD
(08-05-2011, 09:28 PM)BreShiE Wrote: orgy, you're such a money whore. xD

Gotta make that kesh man
[Image: TYzKF.png]
(06-24-2011, 05:21 PM)Flamingo Wrote: Oh, simple.

Just hook up your 'new' login script to the already-in-use forum database.

Even a cave man could do it!

^_^

(08-03-2011, 05:29 AM)BreShiE Wrote: Find a PHP login script on google and make it connect to the same database as the one on your forum.

These are obvious answers, but it's lots more difficult to actually do that than just to explain it in words. Your PHP script has to send the same kind of POST data, and you'd have to remove the login area from your forum or hide it somehow. You can't use the forum database for a lot other than the forum's data because it was set up for MyBB specifically. You'll have to create your own tables to store data and information in.

On top of that, if you don't know what you're doing, joining the two would pose a higher risk to security. You need to make sure that everything is secure before you can be confident in actually using it.

I used to do this with PhpBB, but i'm not sure how MyBB would be.
Ace Is Correct

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Log-in - Member functions Sam 16 2,954 11-30-2011, 01:56 PM
Last Post: cuonic