Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Converter box program?
Just wondering,
Is there still a way for me to get a digital converter box? I'm thinking that I can maybe score some free channels and connect it to my old monitor.

Box + monitor = Free tv in my room Thumbsup

/Clutch
(06-22-2011, 09:54 PM)Clutch Wrote: Just wondering,
Is there still a way for me to get a digital converter box? I'm thinking that I can maybe score some free channels and connect it to my old monitor.

Box + monitor = Free tv in my room Thumbsup

/Clutch

What do you mean by converter box? Like the cable boxes Comcast and other companies will send you? Or like a digital TV converter box?
I'm sure you could find some on eBay or Craigslist. I'm not sure if they sell them in stores anymore.
[Image: vnXBe.gif]
(06-22-2011, 09:55 PM)12/21/2012 Wrote: What do you mean by converter box? Like the cable boxes Comcast and other companies will send you? Or like a digital TV converter box?

A digital TV converter box.

(06-22-2011, 09:57 PM)Skillify Wrote: I'm sure you could find some on eBay or Craigslist. I'm not sure if they sell them in stores anymore.
I guess my question is actually if I can get them super-cheap/free.
(06-22-2011, 09:59 PM)Clutch Wrote: A digital TV converter box.

(06-22-2011, 09:57 PM)Skillify Wrote: I'm sure you could find some on eBay or Craigslist. I'm not sure if they sell them in stores anymore.

Oh I have one too. I don't know if this is possible, if it is I want to know how to do itTongue
(06-22-2011, 09:59 PM)Clutch Wrote:

Like I said, check eBay or Craigslist, I'm sure you can find cheap ones
[Image: vnXBe.gif]
(06-22-2011, 10:08 PM)12/21/2012 Wrote: I guess my question is actually if I can get them super-cheap/free.

Oh I have one too. I don't know if this is possible, if it is I want to know how to do itTongue
[/quote]

Well, a while ago when the program first started, the government was giving out coupons to people so they would buy the boxes for nothing or like a couple bucks. I'm just wondering if there's like any coupons left or anyone that doesn't need there's anymore.
There are probably no coupons left, but, like Skillify said, try looking on online selling sites. There are probably going to be people selling some, cheap, there.
You should try to look on at amazon or ebay. They always have these things.
I think you are looking for a TV-Tuner Card . Thats what they call it here in India . You can provide AV,HDMI and other inputs to your computer. Record shows too . Some come with Remotes xD .

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Connect set top box to pc ? Treblez 1 1,007 08-24-2017, 08:20 PM
Last Post: wasim s