Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some help - ListBox Counter
(07-03-2011, 04:11 AM)Fragma Wrote: thanasis2028's code worked for counting each item in the list that had been "scanned".

The program doesn't lock up or freeze as it's running through a background worker. It's actually surprisingly quick.

Ahh, so you're only counting a selection of listbox items? I should have taken the time to read over the first post more carefully. How many items do you have to scan regularly (on average) though? (Or how many have you tried to import and "Test"?)
(07-03-2011, 04:17 AM)Ace Wrote: Ahh, so you're only counting a selection of listbox items? I should have taken the time to read over the first post more carefully. How many items do you have to scan regularly (on average) though?

No I'll be counting every listbox item as it is scanned. So if there are 50 items, for each item that has completed it's task, the label count increases by one.

On average, I would say a list of around 1000 words. Perhaps if you want to understand my application a little more I can send you the source, however as said before, thanasis2028's code worked perfectly, and the application still runs perfectly without any lag at all.
You can also download the application to test it yourself here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?6uyw6jrj5ta68kl
Ahh, so you're using a progressbar too with this or no?

I'll check out the download.

Edit: I see how it works now, but shouldn't the Account names have a title like "Scanned" or "Items scanned" All of the scanning is on the right, I think it should be closer to the progress bar. Account names seems like it should be the total count like the word count display you have

Nice color application though
Account Names is actually just the title of the ListBox, and doesn't refer directly to the number shown beside it. Same goes for the Available Names. It was literally the best place I could put the counters without things getting too cluttered.
Well i dont know much about vb but my friend does he has 5 years that codes in vb

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TextBox2.Text | Transfer Text to ListBox Die 3 2,375 01-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  [VB.NET] - ListBox Drag & Drop - [TUT] Fragma 10 6,939 08-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  [How To] Remove Duplicates From A Listbox PURP 6 6,415 05-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Last Post: PURP
  Listbox Help Danny 8 3,000 04-18-2010, 12:37 AM
Last Post: RaZoR03
  Save Listbox Danny 5 2,095 04-18-2010, 12:35 AM
Last Post: RaZoR03