Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Plugin] MyTabs
This is a free alternative for anyone that doesn't like or is not willing to pay for labrocca's tabbed menu plugin.
It works fine, I've tested it myself.

NOTE: If the tab takes time to load or is slow, then just disable the AJAX Scripts option in the ACP which is pretty much easy to locate.

(02-16-2011, 12:22 AM)Revenger Wrote: Note: This plugin is now ready for Release.

Live Example: None, at the moment. Refer to pictures.

The plugin is now in its Release stage, and the current features are:

- Javascript support (switch tabs automatically if you have javascript enabled), works without javascript, too (links are "?tab={$id}")
- - AJAX-Style (Loads page, and is w3 validated, also fixes category collapsing. Recommended to keep this setting on.) - New!
- Customize tab templates (this is built-in using mybb's code editor, and editable via the tab settings. see attached images)
- Users can select default tab via 'User CP' - New!
- Hide tab(s)
- Order tabs (lower number = farther left)
- Set default tab
- w3 validated! - New!
- Editing/Deleting tabs
- Enable/Disabling (this is in the plugin, don't use mybb's activate/deactivate unless you want to risk losing your set tabs)

To-do List:
- Refresh $headerinclude when switching with AJAX to fix collapsing bug.
- Rewrite non-AJAX version to be more efficient / potentially work better than AJAX version.
- Tabs to load alternate page.

Download MyTabs From Mods-site

Feedback/Suggestions on this project will be appreciated.
Quoted from Revenger

Have fun.
oh thanks i'm going to use this!!!
I love this plugin! It helps make the forum look more organized and easier to use. Sometimes when you modify certain things it will make the tabs collapse. That is the only downside.
I've seen the free version on the MyBB modsite. But Labrocca is the original creator and I prefer the paid version.
The only problem with this one is once you put all the tabs up and then you modify the a forum so it will redirect you somewhere else it can make all the tabs collapse. I found this out when I was using the form manager plugin and I added a forum in so it would redirect users to my staff application form. I did several more tests after the first time it happened and it continued to happen.
(07-14-2011, 06:10 AM)Don Corleone Wrote: The only problem with this one is once you put all the tabs up and then you modify the a forum so it will redirect you somewhere else it can make all the tabs collapse. I found this out when I was using the form manager plugin and I added a forum in so it would redirect users to my staff application form. I did several more tests after the first time it happened and it continued to happen.

i can only make one forum per tab...When i go to the mytabs plug in it says
Forums to appear in tab.
i can only choose one option..

ohh nevermind you just had to hold CTRL to choose multiple forums.
This has been around since the beggining of MyBB 1.6. Nonetheless good share.
[Image: GFx11-1.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MyTabs icon styling help Zelion 0 858 02-05-2018, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Zelion
  Table corruption and plugin migration king0demons 0 814 01-03-2016, 08:03 PM
Last Post: king0demons
  MyBB Twitter Plugin like on SF. Snow. 5 1,802 05-02-2012, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Kewlz
  game section plugin scores problem NO BAIL 1 833 02-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Last Post: D3xus
  What plugin is this Crystal 7 1,747 12-23-2011, 06:41 AM