Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP! I don't know if my computer is infected! HELP!
Okay, so I recently found out that my task manager has these 4 processes running called : nvvscv.exe, NvXDSync.exe, winlgon.exe, ad csrss.exe. They have no user name or description (file:///C:/Users/Games%20N%27%20Shit/Desktop/WTF.JPG) , and when I try to right click and "end process", it only show "The operation could not be completed, Access is denied". I feel that these are trojans/spyware, and I do not want to have to go through with buying any antivirus programs.

I mean, I have tried : Malwarebytes, Spybot S&D, AVG Free, Ad-Aware, and I'm currently scanning with SUPERantimalware.
Somepeople say that csrss.exe is a crucial part of the Windows OS, I know it is too, but I've heard that trojans can be disguised as it. I looked through my System32 folder and found it, no duplicates though. I'm pondering if I should just format my hard drive, if I have to of course.

If anyone has any idea f how to get rid of it SAFELY, and COST FREE. I will be tremendously happy. Thank you.

Don't be afraid you Copy and paste the file link into your URL bar, it's safe.
"winlgon.exe" or "winlogon.exe"? That's a valid process, and csrss.exe is a valid Windows process as well. The others I haven't checked but i'm pretty sure they are of no harm as well. If you're really worried about it, go to the HiJackThis members on the forum and post your logs for them to analyze.

You can't end their process because they are Windows processes. Do NOT fool around with your task manager if you don't know what you're doing.
Thanks Big Grin I was worried, so I tried to simplest way out Tongue , BTW it was Winlogon.exe (My firefox kept freezing mid-way through typing, and I made some mistakes Tongue) THANKS Big Grin
WinLogon.exe is a system file. It's like a session cookie, it's the process that starts when you login to a user account on your system and keeps you logged in. If you stop that process, you'll be logged off.