Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MyBB vs vBulletin
MyBB because I generally have more experience at the user and admin end of things. + more plugins, and easier to install and FREE.
vBulletin is not user friendly at all in comparison to the way a MyBB forum is laid out.
Each has their pros and cons. VBulletin is a bit harder to use and the price is a deterrent, however i personally prefer it. I guess it comes down too whether you want to pay for VBulletin or not, and which one you find easier to use/prefer. It seems different people like different things.
Vbulletin is a lot better. It is hard to compare vbulletin to MyBB since VB costs money and MyBB is free.
(07-09-2011, 06:02 PM)Don Corleone Wrote: Vbulletin is a lot better. It is hard to compare vbulletin to MyBB since VB costs money and MyBB is free.

Cost doesn't have anything to do with comparison. I've had paid software that wasn't even half as good as the free version many of times. Notepad++ for example, Editors like UltraEdit I think it's called... No comparison and I would say that Notepad++ is 10 times better.

vBulletin is nice, but MyBB is more user-friendly. The admin panels have enough to show for that. However, MyBB is more customizable as well, there's more development with it than on vBulletin as far as i'm concerned because of how available it is to the public. Not too many are going to buy vBulletin just to develop something with it, whereas you can develop things for MyBB and test it for free without having to buy it for your test.

I do know that vBulletin keeps your information a tad bit more secure though, if that's what you want. vBulletin sends in the username as a plain string value, and on POST methods, it sends in the user pass as an MD5 hash instead of a plain string. MyBB doesn't do that.
Mybb is way better. It is solid, has lots of plugins, and is compatible with more things.
MyBB all the way, vBulletin is fudged up and costs money as MyBB is free.
MyBB:
MyBB is a free forum software that provides the forum owner an extensive amount of abilities and features. There are two things that really grab my attention from all other forum softwares - the group system and most plug-ins. The group system is a necessity for forum owners whom look for constant activity. The way only administrators can make it official. It's a great addition. Neatly designed and focused on. A lot of the plug-ins are great. The can really change the whole MyBB software. And that's why I like it.

vBulletin:
vBulletin isn't perfect in my opinion. I also dislike the fact that it requires to be paid for when MyBB tops it. Everything a forum owner would ever look for is in MyBB. vBulletin's group system is crappy. Anyone can make an official group. There is no activity increased. And, it all seems so dead. The plug-ins for vBulletin don't change vBulletin at all. There are no goodies.

If you've read my review on both these forum softwares, you'd know I'd pick MyBB no matter what. MyBB tops all forum softwares - phpBB, vBulletin, XenForo, etc.
In my opinion I think MyBB is better.
MyBB FTW, all the way it's the best ever, vBulletin sucks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  vBulletin any good? Toxic Injection 8 1,355 08-05-2013, 04:13 AM
Last Post: Uzi
  merging vbulletin v4.2.. HELP!! dark_move 0 542 10-20-2012, 12:46 AM
Last Post: dark_move
  MyBB to vBulletin conversion. Outline 0 995 06-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Outline
  SQL Query help (vbulletin) DAMINK™ 2 1,071 02-25-2012, 07:27 PM
Last Post: DAMINK™
  Another Vbulletin theme edit DAMINK™ 13 3,193 12-30-2011, 06:33 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity