Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Screen of Death?
After closing firefox yesterday, I received a Blue Screen of Death and so I restarted my machine and it was fine but I got a message from it and I thought I would put all the details I could here.

[Image: bluescreen.png]
[Image: ouwg0slq0vtagvzl4u8w.jpg]

Giveaway of the Day: [Image: ticker1.png]
That doesn't look good imho. Try to delete your temp data.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
How would I do that Omniscient?

Would CCleaner cover this?

And do you mean Temporary Internet Files?

Right now I just cleared Cookies, Cache, Internet files and all that from Internet Explorer...Right now I'm going to use CCleaner and finish the rest.

START>Run> type "temp"
Had same problem. Crashed all the time from FF. Just ran CCleaner I think. No problem anymore.
[Image: jcXtui.png]
Mine crashed and now i can't boot windows. It goes to the screen with the moving bar and after about two full passes BSOD flashes and goes back to GRUB.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
(10-21-2009, 12:10 PM)Omniscient Wrote: That doesn't look good imho. Try to delete your temp data.

I'm not the OP but I have a question. Temp as in Run > temp or Run > %temp% ?
(10-21-2009, 07:25 PM)ElephantShoe Wrote: I'm not the OP but I have a question. Temp as in Run > temp or Run > %temp% ?

They're the same thing. He means %temp% I assume. I don't think it'll run temp by itself.

Some programs do create a "temp" folder though.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

Oh..Okay guys... I went into %temp% and deleted everything...

you might want to check which program you are running when you experienced the blue screen.. if the problem persist due to that program, even if you have already deleted everything in the temp folder.. uninstall it.. after uninstallation of the program check if there is data left in its folder and delete everything.. then reinstall it.. sometimes bad configuration causes memory dump errors..

if the problem still exists even though you have done the above, check your RAM.. RAM processes your resources, on the other hand it does not tell you if there is a problem within it.. It just suddenly causes errors.. you may use memory test utilities for this..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  McAfee, the death of... Extasey 21 4,249 04-25-2010, 05:24 AM
Last Post: Extasey