Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refusing to work or socialize for all the wrong reasons
(06-14-2011, 11:57 AM)Annuit Coeptis Wrote: Don't listen to these bozos. If you want to be rich and powerful keep doing what you are doing. However if you want to be happy and have some friends then being able to be humble around other people is important skill. Don't lose the confidence you have by lowering your standards, it is good to have high standards because it makes you a harder worker and a better person. But just don't be an a-hole by flaunting your superiority over everyone else.

I think I know exactly what you mean bro, thanks for the reply. Helpful!
[Image: 6Z7z1Q6r2H5h7.jpg]
I can feel your pain I too am struggling with some of teh same problems. I dont want to work for anyone...I want people to work for me haha. I also love nice things and hate to settle for anything but designer brands. I have tried to change but it is very hard and I feel for you. As you get older though I think you will start to realize and give up this type of attitude.
Quote:Don't lose the confidence you have by lowering your standards, it is good to have high standards because it makes you a harder worker and a better person.

A harder worker? He's not working at all...

Have standards but don't forget that you are 16 and no one really gives a crap. It's good to think highly of yourself but there is a point where you begin to think so highly of yourself that your opinion of yourself and who you are don't match and start to make people sick...and laugh. Earn respect, don't assume you have it because your parents earned it and you think you should automatically inherit it from them.
(06-17-2011, 01:48 PM)heartless Wrote: A harder worker? He's not working at all...

Have standards but don't forget that you are 16 and no one really gives a crap. It's good to think highly of yourself but there is a point where you begin to think so highly of yourself that your opinion of yourself and who you are don't match and start to make people sick...and laugh. Earn respect, don't assume you have it because your parents earned it and you think you should automatically inherit it from them.

That's a good point. Now that I think about it I kinda have been living off my parents good name and fortune. I wouldn't say I particularly think highly of myself though cause I am a real nice guy and I do treat other people with respect regardless of their looks or background. But yeah I guess at 16 there is plenty of time to change and try to make my own name. I think once I get my first job and start Uni I will start to see the bigger picture. Thanks for the replies everyone, helped allot Smile
[Image: 6Z7z1Q6r2H5h7.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  is it wrong not to love your own family? ItsxThatx1Kidx 6 1,956 08-23-2017, 09:02 PM
Last Post: wasim s
  My life is just wrong. Lilxtiger 0 802 04-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Lilxtiger
  Something has to be wrong with me skorch 10 1,853 02-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Last Post: skorch
  Am I doing something wrong? 8 1,897 01-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Peter L
  Turning to alchohol when things go wrong TalishHF 15 2,460 01-18-2012, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Graphic™