Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Suggestion] Debate Section
Well, I have noticed that this site is full of intelligent and "high quality" users, so why not have a section for debates. I think people here at Support Forums would actually get involved and hold a strong debate with one another. I for one love to debate on various subjects, not sure if anyone agrees with me but the section would be a great addition to the site, in my honest opinion.

Staff could moderate it easily, keep the low quality posting out, etc. Have set rules on debating, which someone could make. Preferably staff, since they have more authority to do such things.

Good idea? If it has been suggested before, my apologies, I haven't really looked.
"Don't treat life as a losing battle, but as an ongoing challenge."
[Image: df0oS.png]
Yes, I totally agree, I don't mind getting into a debate or two. Smile
[Image: signaturera.png]
This suggestion has been previously rejected.
(06-04-2011, 03:06 PM)Laughynose Wrote: Yes, I totally agree, I don't mind getting into a debate or two. Smile

Yeah. If you are actually debating with people who can hold their own and throw a few facts in here and there, it's interesting. I don't see low quality posting on this site a problem in the slightest.

(06-04-2011, 03:12 PM)Solidus Wrote: This suggestion has been previously rejected.

Oh, okay. Thanks for letting me know.
Sort of disappointing. I guess it can be closed then. Since I can't close my own threads.
Disappointing that it is being turned down but it would increase LQ posting and flaming.
[Image: ictcbw.gif]
(06-04-2011, 03:12 PM)Solidus Wrote: This suggestion has been previously rejected.

What was the reason for the idea to be rejected? I think this would be a great idea for more indepth discussion and it would have more high quality posting.

(06-04-2011, 05:01 PM)Sykez Wrote: What was the reason for the idea to be rejected? I think this would be a great idea for more indepth discussion and it would have more high quality posting.

It may have rejected for the reason that Omni don't want flaming at all on SF.
(06-04-2011, 04:48 PM)F.ate Wrote: Disappointing that it is being turned down but it would increase LQ posting and flaming.
That's the main reason that omni has rejected this suggestion of debate.He doesn't want that lq posts and flamming.I'm not agreed with this suggestion because it will effect the quality of Sf.
(06-04-2011, 09:57 PM)G0dfath3r Wrote: That's the main reason that omni has rejected this suggestion of debate.He doesn't want that lq posts and flamming.I'm not agreed with this suggestion because it will effect the quality of Sf.

Flaming and low quality posting is against the rules anyway. Why would it increase it? Members here seem to be a lot more mature than on Hack Forums and could likely accept and actually debate properly against other members, instead of resorting with flame and low quality posting. Staff are active and likely could handle it. But since it was already previously denied, obviously it won't get accepted now.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion: Add windows 8 to Windows support section. Eternal. 4 1,222 10-13-2014, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Clark
  Suggestion - Add: Sound Hardware section in Computer Support Topics Eternal. 2 754 10-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Eternal.
  Suggestion; Community Tutorials [Section/Sub-section] eax 6 1,256 05-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Jacob
  Debate team RDCA 32 7,565 03-24-2011, 05:43 AM
Last Post: Impurity
  [Suggestion] Coding section Untouch 11 2,466 03-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Untouch