Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tried & Tested: Web Hosting
Taken from randomforum.net.

Hello, everyone.
In this thread I'll post my experiences with web hosts, VPS providers and dedicated servers and will give them ratings.
Maybe this will assist you with your choice.

Firstly, the bad.

Provider: Xtraorbit.com
Plan: Unlimited Everything
Positives: Wide choice of payment options
Negatives:
- Painfully slow
- No live support (Don't be fooled by their badge, it's always offline)
- Supports refusal to assist with your problems
- cPanel, PHP, MySQL all outdated
Additional Notes: They will refuse to enable mod_rewrite leaving your access to the (MyBB) admin panel very limited, they blame the MyBB scripts. This host is absolutely not for MyBB forum owners.
Score: 2/10
-----

Provider: JustHost.com
Plan: JustPlan
Positives: Very cheap
Negatives:
- Hugely oversold
- Support
- Quite slow
- They keep your ''free domain''
- Site is horrible to navigate
Additional Notes: Support is like talking to a robot, don't expect them to be any help.
Score: 4/10
-----

Provider: Streamline.net
Plan: Plus
Positives: Low cost
Negatives:
- Downtime
- Very slow
- Support
- Payments
- Hard to navigate customer panel
Additional Notes: Streamline appear to be a scam operation. My sites were constantly down, so I requested cancellation. Even to this day, they are still trying to charge me and constantly send me emails about my ''overdue account''. They just won't cancel my account.
My uptime was around 70%. Avoid these!
Score: 0/10
-----

Now, the good.

Provider: HDWEBPROVIDER.COM
Plan: Unlimited & Business
Positives:
- Price
- Support
- Software is up to date
- Extremely fast
- Uptime
- Wide choice of payment options
- Easy to navigate customer panel
Negatives: None
Additional Notes: I've never experienced support like theirs before, it is second to none. Live support assisted me for 2 hours with problems that weren't even their job to solve.
Also, they don't cancel your service if you're a day late on a payment, like others will.
Score: 9.9/10
-----

Provider: HostIcan.com
Plan: Tera-Host
Positives:
- Speed
- Uptime
- Support
Negatives:
- Price
Additional Notes: You may have to pester them to enable mod_rewrite. This can be problematic for MyBB forum owners.
Otherwise, there isn't much wrong with them.
Score: 7/10
-----

Provider: Knownhost.com (VPS)
Plan: VS3
Positives:
- Speed
- Support
- Price
Negatives:
- Outdated Linux Kernel
Additional Notes: The support is fantastic, they are very quick, and explain everything very clearly.
However, they did have 2 power cuts in a few months causing downtime, I don't know if this happens regularly though.
Score: 8.5/10

I will add dedicated servers another time, and will continue to add to this list, there are a few I've left out for now.
Please note, this is only my experiences with them. The only provider I'll guarantee is HDWEBPROVIDER.com

Thanks for reading.
This is great, Solidus. JustHost are awful, I read their ratings back when they were on a top 10 hosting list, They're probably still on it. It's massively oversold. Still suprised that it's still around.
I agree with you on HDWebProvider, I've used them and will go back to them next month with Zies Web. I've just this site called UK2.net - Completely woeful.
Is HDWebProvider really really good for big community with 400+ users? (not that I have that many yet)
I plan on moving my forum to something else..but need it to be stable and I need to be planned for the future.
Wow. Seems http://hdwebprovider.com/ it's best
Nice and informative thread. It will surely help many members including me to choose Good webhosting.
Most of these website providers I've never heard off, I'll suggest using a host that has been around for a couple of years for dedication, never trust a website that's just been open, even though most of the hosts that have been around for years are more money, but that's good because it offers more content most of the time.
[Image: signaturera.png]
Nice post, this will come in handy if I ever decide to switch hosts.
Thanks.
Nice sharing begginer,
For me http://www.xnynz.com/ is the best and cheap web hosting provider.Here i hosted my website.They have good server speed.I like their services.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Web Hosting Required Tilsun 6 467 11-27-2023, 02:34 AM
Last Post: Adnorips
  best web hosting? Kdstack 6 360 11-03-2023, 01:47 AM
Last Post: Mirandas
  Cheap Web Hosting Required Mirandas 5 352 10-30-2023, 02:40 AM
Last Post: Adnorips
  Need hosting for Huge traffic web site Adnorips 4 354 04-05-2023, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Tilsun
  European Web Hosting Recommendations? Adnorips 7 365 03-10-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Schamp