Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TUT] How to make a MyCode [MyBB]
Hello everyone, this is going to be my first detailed tutorial for Support Forums, I've hardly seen these around and some people say they are the easiest but you'll be surprised about how many people get confused with this type of stuff, this will be a detail on how to make a MyCode.

Pick a theme
When making anything you need a theme, with a theme you can choose what you're whole project is going to be about, for example, my latest project was THIS, now this is a set of Moderator Tags that give a red color warning to users, I decided to make this because there's a few of them out there and most of them are un-readable.

Choose a title
Now a title can be anything, I chose for my Moderator Tags the title "Moderation Tags" since they are the most easiest to remember and they give you a clear understanding of what they are and what that section of tags are used for.

Write a description
Now writing a description is normally one of those stupid jobs that are most unlikely needed unless you've done a really bad title, if that is the case then you should be using the description to describe on what your MyCode is all about, for example: "I just made a yellow tag that gives the user a yellow background and named it Yellow, now I might know what is it but other staff members might not, so you add this description"Turns you're normal text to have a yellow background", now I hope you understand that".

Regular Expression
Now you're probably wondering what these are, well these are the MAIN tags for a forum, for example, these control you're whole MyCode, since the user will use the "Regular Expression" to make the MyCode active this will be the best bet, so normally these expressions always represent the theme of the MyCode for example, my Moderator Tags have the expression \[warn\](.*?)\[/warn\] since they are mostly used for warnings, you can use these for nearly anything but you must stick to the format "\[EDIT\](.*?)\[/EDIT\]", now you can only edit the bits that are named EDIT since that is what the user will use to get in contact with the MyCode.

Replacement
Now we're onto the big stuff! The replacement is more important then the Regular Expressions since this is what the expression will echo out of the user. Now the expression is basically the whole MyCode, this can be used to basically "make" the whole MyCode work, it's important that you must remember to use $1 normally in the center of you're MyCode since that is what let's the user implant their own text.

Now the other ones I don't need to explain, now I'm not going to read over this but if you liked it and if you see a spelling mistake simply message me or post below regarding the spelling mistake, I hope you guys enjoyed this "HOW TO CREATE A MYCODE".
[Image: signaturera.png]
Awesome tutorial, amazing job.
Big Grin This really helps!
You're very welcome, just about to post on other websites. Smile
This seems like a decent tutorial. Good job. But some people I have noticed have already realized what type of site they want, name and theme design. Though this helps fill in the gaps before hand.
[Image: linksig.png]
AIM: Link0207 | MSN: Link0207@Link0207.com | YIM: Link0207
good job. very usefull Smile
Glad you like it, took me sometime to make.
I have always wanted to know how to do this thanks.
You're very welcome, if you're unsure about anything please just mention it too me! Smile
This is pretty cool as i never knew how to do this. Thanks Man!
[Image: inm4jO.png]
[ AIM: YoRelapse | Gamertag: N/A | MSN: YoRelapse@live.com ]
This is really cool, thank you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [TuT]Setting Up Your Own Forum-Fast-Free-Easy[TuT] Vorfin 119 48,995 08-05-2013, 04:05 AM
Last Post: Uzi
  [TuT] [MyBB] How To Make A Custom Rule Page Hei 5 6,949 09-13-2011, 08:15 AM
Last Post: JesusOfSuburbia
  Usergroup Styles Mybb [tut] BannedPoop 26 4,700 08-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Last Post: BannedPoop
  How To Make A MyBB Forum From SCRATCH--Step by STEP Instructions with pictures! MasterZuFu 12 9,155 07-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Last Post: Drakon
  Add Icon to Forum Mybb [tut] BannedPoop 15 6,491 07-13-2011, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Don Corleone