Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS3 - W.I.P
I decided to start modelling a PS3. Here's what I have so far:

Some more detailed previews:
[Image: ps3colour.png]
[Image: ps34.png]
[Image: ps36.png]

Blueprints were totally wrong so I've had to model the whole thing backwards, but it's OK, when I'm done I'll just mirror it.

I'll keep updating this thread with my progress.

Oh, and I'll probably be selling this once it's done, if anybody is interested.
Looks nice so far, can't wait for the final product.
Updated with more progress. I have now finished the main shape (just about). Just need to add more detail, and then I can start adding colour.
Looks nice so far, can't wait for the final product.
Updated again with a 360 rotation.
Sorry about the poor quality, it was the best I could get out of that GIF.

[Image: giflul.gif]

I've started adding detail around the sides, added a slant where the disc is inserted, and also levelled a lot of it out, because some parts weren't perfectly straight, which took probably a longer time than actually modelling the damn thing lol...

Still need to add the USB ports, some more bits and bobs of detail, and, the part which I'm dreading, adding all of the ports around the back. Once that's all done, and I've added the PS logo to the front, I can start adding textures! Smile I expect it will be done in about a week, making it a total of 2 weeks for completion.
Updated OP with even more progress. I'm getting through this quicker than I expected..

[Image: ps3colour.png]
Damn OP, very well done, that is impressive.
[Image: witness.png]
HF- Witness
GT- i be Witness
Looks great so far. I'm glad to see that you chose the old model; the new one is dead ugly.

Can't wait for the final product. Keep us updated. Smile
Pretty much finished the USB ports at the front. They're not brilliant but it was really tough trying to get them to look like the PS3's. Maybe I'll work on it a little more towards the end of the project.

[Image: ps34.png]
They look great so far and I love how your are posting the updated images as you progress.
[Image: ictcbw.gif]