Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Define poetry
As the tittle says define poetry.Every one has their own way to define it but in my opinion poetry is a way to express feelings,sorrows,joy and any thing around us which inspires a poet.
Do share with me your thinking about poetry.
I agree the hair to bring out the Matjol ourselves with feelings of Smile
To me poetry is an expression of feelings/emotions that someone writes down and shares as a piece of art. Can come in many different styles and subject. Pretty much rule free for of expression.
To me...

Poetry is a way of expressing ones feelings or even ideas without holding back. It is an emotional type of writing.

I don't really like poetry, but thats what i think when it comes to my mind.
[Image: iddyEs.png]
I don't really like them anyways.. :o
Poetry to me is the art of expressing one's feelings through creativity. Poetry can also be a stress reliever when releasing emotions.
Poetry is one of the few devices left untouched by man's conquest for absolute perfection. It is a window to the soul and a true pathway to the mind. An art which comes not from the easel or paint, but the very core of humanity's thoughts and expressions. Writing a poem is akin to inscribing your emotions on a blank sheet.

That, to me, is the definition of poetry.
(06-19-2011, 01:09 AM)BlackChaos Wrote: Poetry is one of the few devices left untouched by man's conquest for absolute perfection. It is a window to the soul and a true pathway to the mind. An art which comes not from the easel or paint, but the very core of humanity's thoughts and expressions. Writing a poem is akin to inscribing your emotions on a blank sheet.

That was beautiful.
God damm, I'm doign poetry at school Sad
(06-19-2011, 01:09 AM)BlackChaos Wrote: Poetry is one of the few devices left untouched by man's conquest for absolute perfection. It is a window to the soul and a true pathway to the mind. An art which comes not from the easel or paint, but the very core of humanity's thoughts and expressions. Writing a poem is akin to inscribing your emotions on a blank sheet.

That, to me, is the definition of poetry.
Awesome definition brother,Really heart touching one.You must be a teacher I guess,isn't it?

"Nothing hurt more than realizing that she meant every thing to you and you meant nothing to her"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First attempt at poetry Hуѕтєяιa X™ 36 5,387 06-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Last Post: gsc3po
  Some Poetry, by Kurtz. Kurtz 0 521 05-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Kurtz
  Friend's poetry. Codad Law 4 1,096 06-19-2011, 09:51 AM
Last Post: SeaBanana
  how to write poetry? Reality 14 2,679 05-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Last Post: BlackChaos
  How to write poetry/Where to start. Beautiful 5 1,084 12-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Beautiful