Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CLOSE]Personalize not there? * PROBLEM SOLVED*
Alright so here is the problem,
My girlfriend has a Samsung Notebook with windows7 on it. (Not sure the exact model of the laptop)

She cannot "personalize" her laptop because that button is not there. It is not very important, but appertly to her it is.

Hoping someone here knows the solution?
Right click desktop>personalize

OR

start>Run "control" (this opens control panel)>Appearance and personalization

Try those. Is it her own personal laptop? Some schools and businesses don't allow the customization of the machine.
(05-25-2011, 11:07 AM)Annuit Coeptis Wrote: Right click desktop>personalize

OR

start>Run "control" (this opens control panel)>Appearance and personalization

Try those. Is it her own personal laptop? Some schools and businesses don't allow the customization of the machine.

lol I tried everything to find the Personalize option.. Nowhere to be found.
Yes it is her own, however she bought it brand new from a guy we know, not from a store.
[Image: impulses.png]
Might sound silly, but have you used the search function in the start menu to search for personalize?
What version of Windows does she have?
I know for a fact there is NO personalize option on her Laptop. We searched everywhere and brought it to the tech ar her fathers work.

Now the question is, can we install it as a add on it or something?
Honestly, to me it's sounding like it might be a pretty good idea to reinstall windows. The personalization stuff should be there, afaik... you never know what other stuff is missing (or what is installed, that you don't want there, for that matter).
(05-25-2011, 08:45 PM)Terridax Wrote: Honestly, to me it's sounding like it might be a pretty good idea to reinstall windows. The personalization stuff should be there, afaik... you never know what other stuff is missing (or what is installed, that you don't want there, for that matter).

Hmm sounds like a good idea, we will probably just reformat and start from the beggining.

I will do this tomorrow and get back to you guys.
Make sure you do, I'm a Microsoft Certified Windows 7 IT Technician. I've never encountered this problem ;P
Before you do that can you tell us what version of windows 7 you have?
Not all versions have the personalize options such as windows 7 home basic.

ps. Sam thought you would have known that. ;)
[Image: burninglove4.png]