Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why use Linux?
How will it affect the performance of either OS if I install Ubuntu on my computer but also keep windows 7. I will have to boot to one or the other, but as far as HD space it will consume more. The RAM shouldn't be affected because only one will be loaded at a time.
WHY DOESN'T EVERYBODY USE LINUX?

I think because Linux community are just too discreet that they don't announce or do press release like what MS do. The developers only release news to their own community. I promote Linux in the neighborhood and they now knew ow to use these system. some of them thanked me for teaching them to install photobooth software of ubuntu for their business.

Today Im Installing Ubuntu, I Got Bored From The Windows 7.
I have never used this before but It seems like a profitable operating system.
[Image: Optimus-Prime.png]
Read over it fast.

Yeah. Linux is cool, speedy, stable and after all it is secure.

I love Linux. Big Grin
I have just started to get into linux.

Really good OS.
Personally, I wouldn't choose one over another merely on looks and 'coolness', but the other seven things you listed clearly are great advantages.

Linux is open source, and it uses less computer resources than Windows or Mac OS X, I've heard.

If you use Linux, you are definitely a pro computer user. Not many people even know what Linux is, you should promote it around to everyone Smile
Yes ! Linux is the best of the best. I have it, and i haven't got problem.
[Image: BKlNU.png]

---------
Linux is easy to maintain and fast