Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Low Quality Content..
(05-21-2011, 06:49 AM)Sam Wrote: You are all going over the same issue about the stupid support feather, that's not the main issue here. The main issue is that in-order to keep a forum active and interesting new features need to be added, like new awards, groups and competitions.

It's not my place to say that administration is lacking because of the issue of time Omni has, but I really think it's worth taking a few hours out to add new groups, new awards, new features perhaps.

It's quite obvious everyone is getting tired.

Sam, it's not that we're getting off topic, the feather is a feature/award SF doesn't need.
It's actually the first thing that got to go.
Just a thought, how many of you does actually use the twitter feature, I mean did you ever clicked on a users Profile just to see his/her twitter posting.... I never did something like that.
I think the Twitter feature is useless, the SF Twitter page doesn't even get updated that often.

Also locking threads like, Award Nominations and Moderator Applications would be the thing that needs to be done, if there is not need for new Staff, why have it open?
If no one gets an award, why have it open.... o.O

This forum is going in the direction, quantity over quality... obviously... the HQ members can't keep up with the One-Liners that are being posted every Minute, and Staff can't actually do anything since they don't really break rules....
The new Members are mostly posting one-liners, and almost none of them ask for support.
All of these problems ultimately come down to a lack of administration. That's not me having a dig at Omni, we all know just how busy he is. He is aware of groups needing to be made official, of awards needing to be added & perhaps given out more frequently, and I'm sure he's aware of the low quality posting made by Hack Forums members in order to get the SF feather. We can keep discussing this over and over, but Omni knows what's going on, he visits frequently. The only way anything will change, is if he can put some time aside to solve these problems. In the mean time, all we can do is continue to post high quality content, keep staying positive and wait patiently.
SF used to be a fun forum.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Although some of the members the support feather invites are low quality, there are some high quality members too. If the support feather was removed, the traffic to SF would be greatly reduced.
(05-21-2011, 06:35 AM)Tha Sneak Wrote: I don't quite understand what you're saying.

Advertising SF on HF has its advantages like helping it get started, which has worked quite well.

Ok, SF has started. So end it.

(05-21-2011, 11:33 AM)Gaijin Wrote: Sam, it's not that we're getting off topic, the feather is a feature/award SF doesn't need.
It's actually the first thing that got to go.
Just a thought, how many of you does actually use the twitter feature, I mean did you ever clicked on a users Profile just to see his/her twitter posting.... I never did something like that.
I think the Twitter feature is useless, the SF Twitter page doesn't even get updated that often.

Also locking threads like, Award Nominations and Moderator Applications would be the thing that needs to be done, if there is not need for new Staff, why have it open?
If no one gets an award, why have it open.... o.O

This forum is going in the direction, quantity over quality... obviously... the HQ members can't keep up with the One-Liners that are being posted every Minute, and Staff can't actually do anything since they don't really break rules....
The new Members are mostly posting one-liners, and almost none of them ask for support.

Yes! That is what I'm trying to say.
(05-21-2011, 12:30 PM)★Cooldude★ Wrote: Although some of the members the support feather invites are low quality, there are some high quality members too. If the support feather was removed, the traffic to SF would be greatly reduced.

Are you supposed to rely on one source of traffic the whole time you run a forum though? I don't think so... :S

Something has to give a new source of activity here. Not just HF, and I wouldn't want my only source of traffic to be spam, or the majority of it.
Well i am agree with you, if he doesn't delete support feather he should change the rules to make it a bit more harder to achieve. And agree about that bumping rule their should be one.
I came here because of the Support Feather and without it I would have never known this site existed. It is a very effective and smart advertising move by Omniscient.
(05-21-2011, 09:24 PM)F.ate Wrote: I came here because of the Support Feather and without it I would have never known this site existed. It is a very effective and smart advertising move by Omniscient.

Not that i'll assume that i'm right, but I could make an assumption that as soon as you get the support feather though you'll never come back to support forums like 90% of the other people going for the feather, so i'd disagree on that.
Well maybe the threads with resolved problems and questions can be locked to avoid bumping.
How about a post-limit for those who have just joined, so that the feather-seekers can't put 100 posts in a single day.
Quote:My religion tells me that God made the universe. My science tells me how.

[Image: 034_p16.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ultimate look from quality content paper for your hand Clarencetew24 0 689 05-19-2017, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Clarencetew24
  HF Content Sam 8 2,051 09-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Invisible low quality posting? WirelessWave 9 1,646 07-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Canoris