Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cat drinking from dirty water
nope. cat's mutation are stronger than humans. and their body is strong enough to defend some bad organisms.
Im sure the cat can drink the dirty water, but its probably not the best thing for the cat to do. A little dirty water never hurt anyone.
I believe that your cat MAY get ill from this, but not too likely. If your cat starts to have problems, then go to a vet. But otherwise the cat drinking pond water is fine. Cats are smart, they know what they are doing Smile
They can get sick but it's curable. Since originally cats were wild they still have it in them.
If frogs live in the pond its ok since while frogs need really clean water! I mean maybe there is grass and some stuff floating but if there are frogs water is fine for an animal! Just don't et it drink all the time! Once in a while its ok!
At the end of the day there's not that much you can do to stop him, the chances are he'll be fine, but if the pond is poisoned or something then there could be a problem.
(05-15-2011, 05:25 PM)Tunasty™ Wrote: No offense dude but this is one of the reasons i hate cats. They are so annoying

Yes they may do things that are not acceptable, but they are cute and very cuddly.
My goal is members success.
[Image: abidnewglassysig.png]
I did some research! If you live near a city try finding a place where you can buy water testing and just bring them a sample of water! It is like 30$ or something but if you care about your cat so much it is worth it!
Cats would drink out of a pond in the wild. If they drink out of fresh water in a bowl, they might get sick due to the transition.
My family breeds cats, I know a lot about them, and I probably know more then you about them. Am I saying that I'm better then everyone with Cats on Support Forums? No.
I just know more then most.
Have you talked to your (a) local veterinarian about this? Have you done research on the specific type of cat you have? One of these two things may help answer your question. Good Luck!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Syberian cat - Lucifer vladimirzec 0 642 10-06-2014, 02:15 AM
Last Post: vladimirzec
  I can't find my Cat Crytek 12 3,287 03-13-2013, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Dubai
  Had my cat put down last night DAMINK™ 12 4,512 09-07-2012, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Feir
  MY CAT HAD KITTENS! au3 17 1,980 06-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Ellinia
  Cat Advice Thread! Ask the Guru! ABlackFedora 8 2,201 03-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Last Post: Tactical_Turtle