Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Unofficial SupportForums IRC Channel [Now Open]
Just joined ;)
(05-09-2011, 11:05 AM)applepie112 Wrote: looks good man i might have to check that out

Alright, sounds good

(05-09-2011, 11:34 AM)Carbon Nox Wrote: Just joined ;)

Yeah, I saw you in there just now.

I'm working on an IRC bot at the moment, i'm using the Net irc module in perl to code and connect my bot to the server and specific channel. It's virtually identical to an IRC client at the moment. I have a few commands readily available so far such as: !help, !rules, and !roominfo (which does essentially the same thing as !info right now)

It will also talk whenever you say its name, or when someone joins or leaves the channel.

I'm looking for a whole bunch of random replies to add. I've got around 300 lines of code so far. Comments will take up around another 100.
Nice IRC you got going on for SF Smile
It says i need a registered nick, i am a IRC noob so what do i do now?
Register with the command: /msg nickserv register PASSWORD EMAIL... Like it says on the website.
(05-09-2011, 02:55 PM)Infinity Wrote: Register with the command: /msg nickserv register PASSWORD EMAIL... Like it says on the website.
Why aren't you in the IRC?
Also you should include the main login and register command and server info in the op.
alright i'll do that, I had no idea that this many people didn't know how to use the commands.
lol idk how to register. like i get the syntax it just never works Omg
I don't splel check.
(05-09-2011, 06:34 PM)Scalise Wrote: lol idk how to register. like i get the syntax it just never works Omg

try the original /msg nickserv register PASS EMAIL then.

You shouldn't need your real email, but should you forget your password, I believe you can ask for a password send to that email so that you can reclaim it. Are you sure you were inputting it correctly? or were you trying a different version of the command to register? If it's not working, you're putting it in improperly. Nothing wrong with registrations.
(05-09-2011, 06:37 PM)Infinity Wrote: try the original /msg nickserv register PASS EMAIL then.

You shouldn't need your real email, but should you forget your password, I believe you can ask for a password send to that email so that you can reclaim it. Are you sure you were inputting it correctly? or were you trying a different version of the command to register? If it's not working, you're putting it in improperly. Nothing wrong with registrations.

yeah idk i cant type it without thinking its gonna like show everyone the whole line because im doing it wrong. whatever haha
I don't splel check.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestions for my Youtube channel Kharnage 9 1,241 05-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Kharnage
  Community Channel Maybe? Chief 4 577 10-31-2011, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Muted
  SupportForums' IRC | Join Now!! BreShiE 11 1,568 09-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Last Post: BreShiE
  Support Forums IRC? Chief 9 1,474 08-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  Nominate yourself for a position on the unofficial IRC Channel for SF AceInfinity 5 1,146 05-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity