Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[TUT] Securing Your Email Address
As Omni said. Gmail is the weak point. Dont rely on that for your important emails.
I do a similar yet slightly different thing but works perfect.
I could not count how many email accounts i actually own at gmail.
Great tut Omni and people that dont understand should read it once or twice again as its worth understanding.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Thanks for the tutorial, it gave me a few ideas on how to improve my current email settings.
Omni, nice tutorial but theres one hole in it. If the hacker gets your gmail, he still has your info form the forwarded emails doesn't he?
And have you thought about services such as Windows Admin Center?

And I think this enforeces my quotes(Jokes)!
The gmail is the final destination. If it's compromised you turn off forwards to it and you can recover everything quickly.

I personally like Gmail because it has some of the best filters I have ever seen. I almost never has spam get through and I never have complaints about real email being filtered. Whatever technology they use...it works.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
great advice for gmail or free email users.
I do not trust any free email services or any other free services.
I prefer to setup pop3 and use pop3 email on my domains anyway.
Great tips, Omni. Never thought of this! Smile

But I have no domain, I've been trying to find out any website to buy domain with "unverified" PayPal, but no website accept non verified paypals. Sad
Very nice tutorial! I will most certainly use this Smile +Rep!
I've also been trying to do this. One thing is lacking though. Is there a free web host that can provide that same scenario (email forwarder/alias)? Even just one? I can't afford to buy.
Nice tutorial there Omni, thanks for sharing it with us.
<3 Support forums.
[Image: 2m5nh9k.png]
Thanks very much for this tutorial. It's simple but yet very affective. This will come in very useful to many people. Thank you for sharing it Big Grin
[Image: donation_drive_sig.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Can Someone Do With Your IP Address and How to Prevent? tk-hassan 0 1,109 08-23-2020, 11:57 PM
Last Post: tk-hassan
  Hide your mac address with this. Black Shadow 19 7,851 07-11-2013, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Connected
  [TUT]Removing Vista Security 2011[/TUT] Brandenx781 8 6,949 03-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Alreiger
  [TuT] How to do a quick secondary scan for Spyware [TuT] Cyber-Security 1 1,051 07-20-2011, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Drakon
  [Tutorial] Securing Radmin on your computer. Codine 3 1,465 04-07-2010, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Carb0n F1ber