Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newest Works in Progress
Here's a couple of tracks I created because I got bored with the usual genre of music that I work with. This is my first test on a different style of music so there's still lots of work to be done, and I only have the main parts of the track finished in both of these creations of mine.

I usually start by creating a decent intro, buildup, climax, and outro. Then create the transitions in between and work to get the final touches on the track as last priority.

Here's a little demo I thought i'd share with you. I'm still new with these genre's so i'd appreciate any feedback on what you think is good and bad about them.

Winter Snowfall:
http://soundcloud.com/aceinfinity/infini...snowfall-2

Electro (Demo):
http://soundcloud.com/aceinfinity/infinity-electro
Personally I like the Electro one more, the first one started slow, then went on a little too much then ended came back and ended without a boom or something. So the ending to the first one was useless in my eyes ^_^
SupportForums for promotion!
(04-30-2011, 09:39 PM)Jacob Wrote: Personally I like the Electro one more, the first one started slow, then went on a little too much then ended came back and ended without a boom or something. So the ending to the first one was useless in my eyes ^_^

That's the style I wanted though, you don't have to have a bang or a crash as the prelude or ending to the song. Sometimes you can make that dramatic effect as an intro to your main verse or lead, then change the transition to a softer tone. It's that contrast that adds to the song. I'll be adding more for sure definitely, but that's going to be the main parts of the track for both creations above. I usually start off by creating the intro, buildup, climax, and outro. Then it's like playing lego for the support that connects all of them together. By adding the transitions after the fact, you ensure that they work for the piece, instead of getting the piece to work for the transitions because it just doesn't make sense to do it that way in my opinion.

The Electro style though, i'm not that good quite honestly with these genres lol. I'd admit it, so if you listen to Electro, feel free to give me some advice or tips on what you think is missing. Same with the other one.

What do you mean by it starts off slow though? :S I'm confused, the part that you hear within the first 0:15 or 0:20 seconds up until around the first minute is the main part of the song. I'm still debating on whether to build onto the end of the track or the beginning and revamp a different intro to buildup to that intro demonstrated in the unfinished track. Kind of like a pre-intro
I'm a dubstep fan so I'm into more of the drum and bass or the nice intro with a loud drop.

For the Electro try to get the drum and bass going and add more effects then switch up the timing so its not the same throughout the song.
SupportForums for promotion!
(04-30-2011, 09:51 PM)Jacob Wrote: I'm a dubstep fan so I'm into more of the drum and bass or the nice intro with a loud drop.

For the Electro try to get the drum and bass going and add more effects then switch up the timing so its not the same throughout the song.

I tried creating that effect in the beginning from 0:05 to 0:08 if that's what you mean? Or do you mean tempo-wise? the tempo can't change, but the beat I can slow down or speed up to stay within that tempo as a fraction.

The other song "Winter Snowfall" I came up with the name because of the bells I added gave me a January feeling lol. Like being on a ski resort or something. I plan on making that an extended song, so it's not going to be something worth 3 minutes of playtime. I plan on making that one around 6-8 minutes long. So the transitions won't be as jumpy or immediate as the electro track i'm working on. Both undoubtedly need work and improvement though. I"m giving out this preview so that I can improve them some more.
Just updating this thread, because the first version of "Winter Snowfall" sounded like junk... I've replaced that track with a half decent start to what the track should sound like in my mind.

Rendered it with a 420 bitrate too just for the heck of it lol. It's a live preview so I don't think it really matters.
I really like the Electro one, although the first is good too.
I actually like both the same.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Opinions On Newest Project Please! AceInfinity 1 631 09-24-2011, 09:39 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  (Released) Newest Track - "Only One Place In The World" [Created by Ace] AceInfinity 5 1,450 08-27-2011, 09:32 AM
  Catch the newest tv shows :) WhiteHatCrew 2 598 07-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Kai Stern
  Newest Rap Mix (2011) AceInfinity 4 1,387 05-18-2011, 12:08 PM
  Newest Skrillex Track (Released: May 4th, 2011) AceInfinity 2 1,694 05-04-2011, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Deltron